Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best map - IO mode

Hello,
    It is my first post, but i read this forum since end of 2005.

I think, the best map for IO mode is Surge, wide open, many possibilities, lot of teamwork needed.

My next favorite is Mass Destruction, lot of intense fights between close flag capture points.

Grappling hooks and zip lines are very handy, also tear gas makes another tactical option (cover, blocking ways). Assault GL + flashbang and AK is the best way to clear rooms and finish off whole squads.

I cant stand people playing Karkand all the time, SF maps are a lot better in terms of teamwork and fun.

Sniping on Ghost Town is really fun, i managed to score with my deadly SVD about 30 kills (5 deaths). I can beat almost every class on mid-long range, in close quoters SVD is also effective (of course if you are in big team, act like backup).

G36K on Warlord is a best option. This weapon is really deadly, also you have C4 (traps), nades, silenced pistol...

What are your thoughts about IO mode on other maps than Shargi, Karkand, Mashtuur and RTJ ?

Re: Best map - IO mode

Sharqi is one of my favourite maps of all time, and i think it converts very well to IO. The nicely varied terrain makes for good firefights and always allows multiple ways to a flag. Karkand can still be good on the right server with the right people, but it does get tiring. Masthuur is fun, but a little too open, with many of the flags having hardly any cover. Sniper heaven. RTJ is brilliant when the teams are properly balanced skill-wise, it really is so much fun.

The SF maps you mentioned are all good too, though I dont like the indoor sections of Warlord, thats where my pc doesnt handle things to well and it gets a bit jerky.

I also played IO on wake last night and that was surprisingly fun, but you do need alot of players otherwise there's too much running to be had. Once you've got around 30+ then its kick *** and the firefights are hectic.

Comment

Shargi

To capture USMC base you can use:

-stairs
      -ladder

you need a lot of skilled medics in team

Surge

To capture Rebels main base you have a lot more options:

-elevator triggered by button
      -small entrance, 2 ladders
      -2 stairs (north and east)
      -grappling hook (attack from any direction)
      -zip line from hill
      -zip line from rocket tower (first use one of 2 elevators)

you can be covered by tear gas, can attack with Flashbang and AK

IO mode in SF is really much more interesting, in Vanilla it is just
      boring predictable nade spam and claymore hell
      (in SF you can easily knife
      sniper protected with claymore... tip: zip line or g. hook)

I think, voting will be much more interesting in this topic.

I am waiting for your comments and votes.

Many thanks.

Comment

Dalian Plant is the best because i say it is ,anyway who says different is a liar.

Comment

Originally posted by Bickus^Dickus
          Dalian Plant is the best because i say it is ,anyway who says different is a liar.
          I am not a liar.
          Please do not comment such way.
          There are so many ways to interest people.
          Do not kill topic, PLZ.

Comment

Sharqui is a great map for IO. My personal favourite. Though karkland on a 32 or 64 size map is also alot of fun. size 16 map=NADE SPAM!

Comment

Originally posted by inz.Teamplay
              I am not a liar.
              Please do not comment such way.
              There are so many ways to interest people.
              Do not kill topic, PLZ.

Don't worry about Smallus^Ballus. He's just trying to get attention.

I have yet to played every map in IO mode, so I don't know really which one is the best. Will definitely try out those SF maps though.

Comment

Originally posted by Vidh
                Don't worry about Smallus^Ballus. He's just trying to get attention.

I have yet to played every map in IO mode, so I don't know really which one is the best. Will definitely try out those SF maps though.
                I don't worry about forum spamming whores.

Try to play on Iron Gator. Server admin after 10 minutes of USMC ownage changed map and deleted from rotation. Only 2 boats for mec and 3 boats for USMC. No jet ski. One Eryx guy went to 15:0 before end (he killed 2 full boats).

People working in DICE/EA are not predicting some situations. That is sad.

Comment

Originally posted by inz.Teamplay
                  Shargi

To capture USMC base you can use:

-stairs
                  -ladder

you need a lot of skilled medics in team

Surge

To capture Rebels main base you have a lot more options:

-elevator triggered by button
                  -small entrance, 2 ladders
                  -2 stairs (north and east)
                  -grappling hook (attack from any direction)
                  -zip line from hill
                  -zip line from rocket tower (first use one of 2 elevators)

you can be covered by tear gas, can attack with Flashbang and AK

IO mode in SF is really much more interesting, in Vanilla it is just
                  boring predictable nade spam and claymore hell
                  (in SF you can easily knife
                  sniper protected with claymore... tip: zip line or g. hook)
                  Thats a good point about the USMC base on sharqi, it is a bit of a choke point. But in a way its good because it often ends up being the last flag you fight over, and its never an easy flag so it makes the fight good.

I agree the SF maps are really good, in particular Surge, Mass destruction and Ghost town. warlord deserves an honourable mention. But I'm still gonna vote for Sharqi, that map is just the sh*t.

Comment

If you had put an option 'There is no good map for IO' I would have voted.

Comment

I say 16 player Gulf. It has nice firing lanes, plenty of cover, and without the threat of Arty; plenty of places to hide.

Sure the map sucks as it gets larger, but for intense head to head action Gulf is surpreme in my view.

{WP}Paas

Comment

I voted for Op. Clean Sweep....not because i enjoy it, but in fact because i heared it's unplayable in IO. Anyway i haven't played a single IO game since the patch came out, PoE2 ftw !

Comment

Originally posted by PhoeniX_0
                          I voted for Op. Clean Sweep....not because i enjoy it, but in fact because i heared it's unplayable in IO. Anyway i haven't played a single IO game since the patch came out, PoE2 ftw !
                          Eh. That was my fault. It turns out it is playable because boats have been left in IO mode. Misinformation on my part.

{WP}Paas

Comment

Played on a server named CROW lastnight. IO. Played Karkand and Sharqi. 16 person map with about 16-20 people on it.

Had a great time, no tanks camping spawns on Karkand...ahh....ground pounders dream.

I had more fun on the two rounds of Sharqi then on Karkand. And from experience on 5 v 5 IO ladder, Oman and dalian plant are very good IO 16 person maps.

Comment

Originally posted by PhoeniX_0
                              same here

Comment

Working...
                              X