Still cant get patch 1.4 to install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still cant get patch 1.4 to install

I have tried everything and cannot get this damn patch to instal. Ive contacted EA They are no help. I have done everything but format my pc. I know it is not my pc, everything worked fine until I had to patch to 1.4 My patching process just stops when patching the map Jalalabad.

Is any1 eles still having problems like this??

Re: Still cant get patch 1.4 to install

i take it you have done the basic's defraged hardrive,virus/adware scan ect.

another thing howmutch hardrive space do you have avalible?

on my second pc that iuse for a dedicated server i had problems installing 1.3
    it only got a 20gb hardrive and i needed to free up 8 gb of free space in order for the patch to extract and install,doing this 1.3 installed with no problems.

also you need/should leave atleast 15% or more of youre hardrive space empty you cant defrag otherwise ,most games need 3gb or more free hardrive space to play.

i have issue's on my server if it goes below 8gb on a 20gb hardrive.

this may help you ,i hope it does.

Comment

Thanks but I have done the defrag and scans. I turn off all firewalls. I have a 160 gb hard drive that has about 140gb free. I ttried installing in safe mode like EA told me, and no change. Ive done the whole manuall uninstall like EA told me and nothing. Ive uninstalled this game so many times in the last 2 weeks I hope it still works.lol. I ve downloaded the patch from everywhere thats available. (full and inc) I dont know what to do anymore. Im waiting on another e mail from EA right now. Thanks again though.

I'm breaking down and formatting f*ck it

Comment

Prolly have the same thing here, dont see exactly when the patch errors, but around 20-30 % , says patch failed. then setup window appears saying patching successful o_0

Comment

I formatted and still could not get the full patch to install, however I was able after the format and patch to 1.3 then inc. to 1.4. Then I installed AF and had to repatch, Tried the full. still would not work niether would the 1.3 then inc to 1.4 So I can play reg BF2 at least no AF, EF, SF.

Comment

I managed to get 1.4 installed, but game crashes to desktop at 62% load...

Comment

I don't know if this applies to your problem, but I had to download the entire 1.4 patch (520mb), instead of the incremental.

I could not get the incremental to work at all, even with the full 1.3 (480mb) installed first. I must have tried a half-dozen times and it kept failing two-thirds of the way through.

Comment

Download the patch on the safe mode this should work

Comment

Originally posted by HIV
                  Download the patch on the safe mode this should work
                  Safe mode with networking.

Try a different download source dont trust EA's ****ty downloads

Comment

I finally got it working I did try safe mode and all sorces. I ended up formatting. sigh

Comment

Working...
                    X