Suicide, is it worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suicide, is it worth it?

I was wondering today, how does a suicide affect the team tickets?

I've been doing it several times lately after capping the enemy main (US@Sharqi) and if there's no SpecOps around in order to get rid of the commander toys.

Even if it takes one off the tickets I think it might still sava many more if the enemy commander is unable to use his toys.

Opinions, anyone?

Re: Suicide, is it worth it?

suicide makes you lose a ticket but sometimes necessary...especially in clan matches.

Comment

There are advantages to doing it. If I see my team is about to lose a crucial flag I'll often try and suicide to get back and help defend, but like you said it does cost a ticket.

I wouldn't personally suicide in that situation, I would probably go to top of TV and fall to my death because falling doesn't give you a -2 score, then I could respawn as spec-ops. Truthfully though, I would have spawned spec ops if I was going to try and cap that base so I can take out scan and UAV before I even get to the flag.

Comment

if you are stranded far out in the middle of the ocean in wake then suicide is worth it. but otherwise fight to the death

Comment

man...this thread is soaked in double-entendre or however you spell it.

In the situation you described, it's well worth the lives(tickets) you'll save.

Comment

Originally posted by KristianSax
            I was wondering today, how does a suicide affect the team tickets?

I've been doing it several times lately after capping the enemy main (US@Sharqi) and if there's no SpecOps around in order to get rid of the commander toys.

Even if it takes one off the tickets I think it might still sava many more if the enemy commander is unable to use his toys.

Opinions, anyone?
            OMG dude don't do it!!!! :cry:

Oh, wait....your talking bout the game. nevermind.

Comment

Originally posted by StalkerZERO

LOL ... I was waiting for this one

Comment

Originally posted by StalkerZERO

LMAO...

Comment

i suicide all the time.....like when my heli gets shot down, i bail out, and hit suicide on my way down.....ide rather take a -2 than give some guy a +2....

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaCueUp
                    i suicide all the time.....like when my heli gets shot down, i bail out, and hit suicide on my way down.....ide rather take a -2 than give some guy a +2....
                    ...or you could open your parachute.

Comment

Originally posted by Skwurl
                      ...or you could open your parachute.
                      LMAO!!! another sig worthy comment..there coming thick and fast today. On subject though, i will never suicide unless like someone mentioned earlier i'm starnded in the middle of the ocean on wake. Although i understand what your saying, what are the chances that there isn't atleast one person on your team already spec ops??? As soon as the TV station goes the assets will go within the next couple of minutes. Not worth the suicide IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaCueUp
                        You grumpy old man :P Give the guy his glory!

Comment

Originally posted by Jay_C
                          Although i understand what your saying, what are the chances that there isn't atleast one person on your team already spec ops??? As soon as the TV station goes the assets will go within the next couple of minutes. Not worth the suicide IMHO.
                          Sometimes the chances are too high to be useful actually.
                          I don't do the suicide so I could get points for blowing up the assets, but I guess that in those games there weren't any who valued the SpecOps kit much and they were 32 and 16 player games not 64 (left that bit out) so pretty much everyone else was busy killing, attacking or defending somewhere else (and my squad had no spec ops and the only one dead was not willing to spawn as one)

Comment

Originally posted by You_were_killedby
                            if you are stranded far out in the middle of the ocean in wake then suicide is worth it. but otherwise fight to the death
                            What they should have done is make it so that if you stay in the ocean a shark kills you. lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Revoluti0n
                              What they should have done is make it so that if you stay in the ocean a shark kills you. lol!
                              At least in BF2142 no one was made Johnny Wiessmüller and your health drained away at some point.

Comment

Working...
                              X