This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CD-key viewer?

Im wondering if thare is a program that can show your currently installed BF2 cd-key.

My problem is, i lost my BF2 booklet with the CD-key, i believe when i gave it to my brother, so he could install it, and we coudl play LAN games... My brotehr ofcourse never gave it back, and now has no idea where he put it. Ive searched everywhere i can think of, and nothing. Not long ago, i had to format my HDD, and ofcourse re-install BF2. but i dont have my CD-key, so i cant play online. My brother, however, still has it installed on his computer (though he has moved out), with my CD-key. we tried lookign through the registry, but the key isnt visible there. It would be wonderfull if he could recover teh cd-key on his computer, so i can finally use it again.

Re: CD-key viewer?

Yes, there is a way to view it through your registry, google it.

Comment

yeah, i knwo when we first checked the registry, there was a big hex value for "ergc". We figured taht was an encrypted form of the cd-key. but left it alone for the moment, and when we went back to the registry to try exporting it later, the ergc word was gone. it is no visible in either of our registrys, now. is there some way to export somethign that im sure is there, but doesnt show up in regedit?

Comment

No you cannot view it..it's encrypted.

And lending out your copy of BF2 for installation on another PC (or in this case, possibly MULTIPLE PCs) is against the EULA.

Comment

Working...
        X