modified content

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• modified content

i get disconnected for a server when i load because of modified content? i never had this before and i was playing a map then the next one loaded when the error happened so nothing is modified. please help i dunno what to do? i have patch 1.4 and have played loads fine so? help! thanks

(I'm bumping this old thread so I don't get the non-helpful, knee-jerk response: "Use search!" I did, and this post is the closest to the problem I'm experiencing.)

Okay, ever since patch 1.41, I keep getting the following "modified content" error each and every time the map changes to Karkand:

It also happens with another map, but I don't recall which one it is. Now, if I rejoin the server (that's now playing Karkand), it loads and let's me in fine--this only happens when I'm already on the server and the map switches.

It's extremely annoying.

Reinstalling, updating Punkbuster, etc., is not the solution. I've gone through (i.e., built) two different systems since the release of patch 1.41, and I've reinstalled and updated BF2 countless times, at least eight times because I keep switching back and forth between XP and Vista. The problem is consistent.

Any ideas?

Comment

Are you using the same copy of the patch for each installation? Try downloading a new copy of the patch for the next time you install. That, or don't install mods.

Comment

I don't install mods, so that's not it.

Your idea about using the same downloaded patch is a good one, so I'm downloading it again now and will do a file comparison to see if the new copy and the one I've been using differ, if even by a single bit, but I am not hopeful.

Like I said, I don't get the error if I join a server playing Karkand, but only when I'm already on the server and the map switches to it. It's illogical for my "content" to be modified in one case and not the other.

Edit/Update:

As I thought, there's nothing corrupted about my original file, but that was a good idea, so thanks for that.

Comment

Wow, out of the couple hundred support posts i'v read on this forum and other forums I have only come across this once (believe it or not).

I am sorry, but this one is just weird, and this ONLY happens when the map changes? or after the map change?

Comment

Yeah, it only happens when we finish one map and then Karkand loads as the next map. (Obviously, it occurs at the end during the "Verification" stage.) At that point, I'm booted with the above error message, so then I have to rejoin. Rejoining is always successful, i.e., no modified content error message.

Also, of course, if I join a server already playing Karkand, then no error.

It only happens if I'm already on the server.

Comment

Well that's just bizarre. I'll think about it later. Got to go to class. Good luck.

Comment

http://support.ea.com has recommendations for this very common problem.

Comment

Originally posted by GrossKopf View Post
                  http://support.ea.com has recommendations for this very common problem.

If you aren't going to read my post, please don't bother responding with useless, generic advice.

I defy you to find a solution to the problem I cited above on EA's support site. Go on. Don't be vague. Give a specific link.

I had already checked there, and the only advice they give is to uninstall and then reinstall. So again, if you are not going to bother to read my post, specifically:

Reinstalling, updating Punkbuster, etc., is not the solution.
                  ...then why bother wasting your time on this thread?

Comment

Working...
                  X