1.4 prob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.4 prob

I cant get patched to 1.4 no matter what I do. I have uninstalled everything and reinstalled Just the reg. BF2. I downloaded the full patch from fileplanet, when I go to install it it fails. When I uninstall I delete profiles, server files and screenshots. I've uninstalled everything twice now and DL'd the full patch from 2 different places now. I just tried DL'ing 1.3 and installed that ok. Then tried the incimental to 1.4, and patching failed. What should I do????

Re: 1.4 prob

how does it tell u it failed???...i cant get mine 2 install either...it says...cant find install folder for bf2.....do u have an install folder???...is that what it does when it fails for u???

Comment

Originally posted by gutsandglory
      how does it tell u it failed???...i cant get mine 2 install either...it says...cant find install folder for bf2.....do u have an install folder???...is that what it does when it fails for u???
      No mine just says patching failed after about 8 or 9%. Doesnt give a reason.

Comment

This is going to sound strange, but were you downloading the patch using Netscape or Firefox as your browser?

If so, you may want to try downloading through Internet Explorer. It's wierd I know, but I had a similar problem a while back with a different file. For some reason, some file servers don't communicate proplerly with non-IE browsers, and the resulting download is "corrupted" even though everything looks great and the entire file downloads.

Comment

I am using firefox, I will try IE thanks for the suggestion, will let you know.

Comment

Just like to say I dled through FF and installed fine.

Comment

yeah i had a bit of a prob with firefox, not with the actual patching just when downloading. kept failing at the end, said it was at 100 % then firefox crashed. finally worked after about 4 times of trying.

Comment

i got the same prob, reinstall dl the 1.22, inc 1.3, then inc 1.4, worked for me

Comment

heard many rumors that fileplanet had some bad files
                  try a different venfor
                  www.gamershell.com is the BEST

get full 1.4
                  do bf2 then sf then af then ef then 1.4

Comment

guys.. are you listening to what your saying.. everyones blaming other things that should have nothing to do with the problem.. the problem is the patch.. Not other browsers or patches that have been corrupted. Granted this does happen but not to every other person like some people keep suggestion..(not just this thread). Everyoens solution is to install the full like the incremental is not good enough.. Why would they make an incremental if it isn't going to work or cause problems? It SHOULD work just fine so if it's failing with the inc. then the full probably isn't going to be the solution either.. Gamershell does zip there files as to protect the integrity of the original file but EA as well as other vendors would probably run integrity checks before releasing it to thousands of people as well.. But to say firefox or other browsers are the issue is really stretching it.. I used ff and it downloaded fine.. patched fine.. yet I still get You have lost connection to the server everytime i load.. And it isn't my isp cuz i work for them and I did my install and build all my computers from scratch with the only the finest components.. When every other game works just fine then bf2 loses connection.. it's the patch.. if 10mb connection isn't good enough for it then nothing is.. The patching failed issue is also a problem i've experience to great extents with the 1.3 patch.. What i did was this.. 1. double click the file so it starts extracting. Once you get the prompt to select NEXT .. go to your C:\Documents and Settings\24seven\Local Settings folder (yours will not read 24seven it will read administrator or whatever name you created when loading windows). If you can't find the local settings folder then you may need to "un" hide hidden folders by clicking TOOLS at the top of your window.. then folder options..then click the VIEW tab.. then down below.. CHECK show hidden files and folders. I would at the same time uncheck hide extensions for known file types. Now that you can probably see the Local settings folder.. go inside and you'll see a folder that is called TEMP.. inside the temp folder you'll see a folder called bye178.tmp or something similar that starts with bye. Go inside that folder and you'll see DISK1 go inside there and you should see all your setup files.. If you'ved tried to install the patch several times you may want to delete all the folders in TEMP before trying so you can find it easier. It will keep creating new bye folders if you keep trying and you'll have to go in each one to see if the setup files are in there.. ONce you find them copy all the files and paste them somewhere close to your battlefield 2 install folder.. IF it's on another hard drive copy it there.. If it's on C drive copy them to your EA GAMES folder or something.. Once you've copied them to another folder close the Installation wizard that should be still sitting there asking you to click NEXT.. just exit out of it.. then go to where you copied the files and click the SETUP.exe and continue to install the patch.. If it works.. cool.. if not.. keep trying.. I would fail 5 out of 6 times but eventually it seemed to take.. Try not to do anything else while it's patching.. close all background tasks and even pause your virus protection.. If you still can't get it to patch.. one thing i did to get it to work one time is go to like gamecopyworld.com and download a no cd crack for like 1.3 or 1.22 or whatever.. doesn't matter.. Replace the existing bf2.exe file with the cracked one and try to patch again.. For some reason it fails on certain files and i've found the exe is when it fails most the time.. Also the Objects_client.zip and Objects_server.zip inside your bf2/Mods/bf2 folder seem to fail on as well. I wouldn't delete them but you could rename them or something if you notice it failing on those.. I watch the patch install closely and you'll see it trying to copy a certain file and then Patch failed.. Just see what file it is that it errored out on and we can go from there and maybe get around it somehow.. I don't mean to piss anyone off with my comments above but Were starting to find other things to blame here besides the actual problem which is the patch.. browsers and inc. vs full should not matter for the most part.. And if you have ever had to patch other games.. you'll probably also notice you don't have the problems you have had with bf2 and there patches.. something is seriously screwed up with the way they package and create there patches..

Comment

Working...
                    X