All this negativity...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: All this negativity...

Nice post. My disappointment with BF2 comes from 2 reasons. 1. I have been following this game from the original 1942. I bought all the add ons, created a clan, used Rodger Wilco to communicate with them, went through the disappointment of BFV and finally found DC. DC became the staple of the game and continued the games success long after the game would have died. Those of us that played DC, and were part of the forum really became spoiled. We had a group of people who listened to us and made the changes we wanted and gave us awsome maps and new equipment, euipment that BF2 still doesn't have. So the hype was built so BIG about BF2 when OUR boys were going to EA and make the game even better but when the game came out it wasn't all that. Don't get me wrong, I play the hell out of BF2! I enjoy the game. So I think people just started picking at the game because it wasn't all that and the negativity has continued. Bunny hopping and Dolphin diving have been a part of the game for ever. I personally think if the game had more for players to do it wouldn't be an issue. We lost our big maps like El Al. Gazala where you could have many different battles not just all clump together in a street fight. We ask for new maps and they give us Jalalala another street map. We ask for a Naval map and we get Wake? No ships to navigate, no subs. 2. We are not being listened to anymore and just like the spoiled players that we are we re-act. I must say that recently I talked a person into buying the game so I could have someone locally to play with and his life has been turned upside-down. He plays the game every spare minute and has damn near caught me in Rank! Which brings me to the last thing I will talk about. I'm stuck at Master Sgt. because I failed to use my pistol and knife enough before reaching that level. I have since achieved said awards to no avail. If anyone is listening and there is maybe one last patch before the end of BF2 could you please fix that problem. Thank you.

Comment

Nice post there mate, kinda puts stuff in perspective
      I have done and still sometimes do my fair share of moaning (or whining depending on your point of view ) but still get a great sense of fun and enjoyment playing this game overall. I would play all night if I could.
      The only thing I would like to say, is that IMO people have a right to moan sometimes, and let off a bit of steam, because it can be VERY frustrating when you have just had one of those rounds when you've been royally owned by constant bombing runs/sniping/spawn raping/whatever or a glitch in the game has left you feeling let down. We ALL paid for this game and have the right to enjoyment and a forum like this is the perfect place to unload. One thing I don't like is the flaming that goes on when someone posts. We all have different opinions the same as we all have different playing styles. Once again, nice OP mate. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by VC_Resurrected
        Nice refreshing post mate, couldnt agree with you more, we do have one of the best games out there in bf2, but perhaps thats why tempers get so heated about it. At least people still have passion for it.
        Oh so true; there is no other games basically.

As for claymores well I am a little stumped on how they should be taken care of in Vanilla BF2. In SF we could toss a trapping hook on the other side of the wall and just avoid the claymores; hell I even use it to sneak up on the snipers and knife their asses.

God know how many times I have used the back wall of the hotel to grapple on the back of and knife the sniper; cannot use that long ladder climb up only to get killed.

Comment

Originally posted by Helo229
          And as for the M-95's decreased accuracy at long range, it's like I said, different tools for different jobs. If your goal is anti-personnel, take the M24, or even better, unlock the next rifle, the L96A1.
          So plz tell me how can i unlock the L96A1?

Comment

Nice post.

I agree with your post, but I think they should take out prone and make guns more accurate..

Comment

Bunny-hopping - while it's been a round in the Quake/UT genre of games for a while - it hasn't been the standard for combined-arms military shooters before. Joint Operations, Operation Flash Point, Command & Conquer: Renegade, etc. The military infantry games are not usually marred with this dynamic. BF1942 had a little bit of it - but at least you could not jump high enough go go above the head of a standing soldier!

I don't really see why anyone is surprised about players being "negative" about a feature that is so outlandish and alien to a military FPS. Whatever the history, it's simple matter of setting a few parameter to reduce the jump-height. Combined with similarly addle-brained gun-dynamics (you can stand 10 feet from en enemy and miss him with a PKM on full auto) and erratic hit-boxes, CQB look smore like a scene out of Dante's Inferno - the way he would have pictured it if he had been on drugs at the time.

Anyone with some hands-on experience with fully automatic mounted machinguns will find the following scenario rather bizarre:
              You sit in the turret of an Abrams Battle Tank, both hands clutching the M2 .50 cal's double handles - thumbs poised over the butterfly triggers - alert and with no distractions. The tank is parked on a two-lane boulevard in the city. Suddenly, 50 feet down the road, a lone enemy infantryman starts running across the street. No cover - just him and the tarmac. You open up and let loose a 50 round sustained burst..bullets flying everywhere but at the running enemy..he jumps aproximately 6 feet in the air and lands about 12 feet from where he leapt..and while in mid-air he strecth out so that he lands on his belly...he also twists so that he lands facing you. Incredibly he was also able to switch his weapon from the small submachinegun he held, to a massive anti-tank launcher. As he lands, he fires this launcher right at you and kills you in a massive explosion.

As your deity of choice allow you to return to the land of the living, throwing you right back into the fray and after 3 hours you see that amazing feat or similarly fantastic ones being repeated every 5 minutes.

...you go check the M2 .50 cals to see if the enemy swapped all the ammo with blanks...

After over a year of this, with pleas and protests falling on deaf and indifferent DICE/EA ears..and someone shows up to wonder out loud "why are people so negative?".

I could continue with dolphin-diving and other "features"..but do I really need to?

Cheers :-)

Comment

Originally posted by WereWolf
                Nice post.

I agree with your post, but I think they should take out prone and make guns more accurate..
                lol oh god no:hmm: besides, that wouldnt be realistic

Comment

You people have got to be kidding me. Nice post? Everything about his post was horrible. Everything he brought up is only a detriment to the gameplay but he just lists everything and then goes on to say "I praise Dice/EA"/"it helps gameplay"/"blah stop whining blah".

And I'm not even going to cite the cascading waterfall of posts that people have put up truly delineating the problems in this game.

1.0 wasn't even that bad. How far we have come.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymous
                    You people have got to be kidding me. Nice post? Everything about his post was horrible. Everything he brought up is only a detriment to the gameplay but he just lists everything and then goes on to say "I praise Dice/EA"/"it helps gameplay"/"blah stop whining blah".

And I'm not even going to cite the cascading waterfall of posts that people have put up truly delineating the problems in this game.

1.0 wasn't even that bad. How far we have come.
                    What made his post nice was that it was pleasant, intelligently thought out and didn't flame anyone, unlike yours. Good attempt though. Try reading many of replies before posting and you will see that most of the replying authors do not agree with everything the original author wrote, but they respected his views and the prose he chose to use in writing his post.

Comment

i can see you and Plane Whore becoming arch enemies in a very short period of time.

Comment

PW? Dunno who that is, but if they're anything like Anonymous, then probibly

Comment

Working...
                        X