• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie needs help!!

I just started playing this game and suck big time!!! :cry:

I need help!!

I've played BF1942 and BF Vietnam successfully, but I can't
    seem to do worth a damn in this game.

Where do I shoot to kill an enemy soldier? Head, body? When confronting an enemy, I seem to always get killed instead of killing.

Any other tips for a newb?

Thanks,
    Paul

Re: Newbie needs help!!

When starting out aim for mass. I've found each weapon you have to aim diffrently. I mostly use the G36C (spec ops unlock) and point the top of the crosshair at the guys head.

The cone of fire in BF2 is horrible. You can aim perfectly as someone one shot, then the next shot fire it 10 feet above his head, even tho you are aiming at the same spot.

Give it time....it will come to you.

Comment

try playing singleplayer until you get good at aiming and shooting, maybe start on easy and work up to expert or something, that always seems to help everyone out

Comment

Find a squad and watch how some of your teammates play. Notice how they find cover, etc.

Comment

This is a breakthrough game - by that I mean that you will play and play and suck and suck and then one day when you are about to throw your rig out the window you'll suddenly have a great round. But then you suck again, and you play and suck and suddenly you notice that you knew what to do to in a situation but-you-just-can't-make-your-stupid-fat-fingers-do what-they-should-AAaaaarrrrgggghhh!!!!!!! (Cue tinkling sound as the keys you just slammed off the keyboard hit the floor, any active zboard user knows what I'm talking about). Eventually, your score per round will start to slowly creep up and you will start winning those individual fights where you have a slight jump on another guy.

What I'm trying to say is it takes time, and is frustrating, but eventually you will get the hang of it.

Comment

read this forum alot
            read the guides that are posted
            and do NOT run FULL speed in to battle
            my first motto
            (yes - I was even more newbie than you -
            as I had NO bfv time)
            well motto = do not die !
            cause you cannot get points when you are dead !
            also - play single player for a bit
            get used to vehicles and map layouts
            and come to our forums (www.1staircav.com)
            say hi
            join our games - be happy to help you learn

Comment

remember this isn't bf42 or bfv - you do NOT have to lead infantry targets.

Comment

i have never played any other online game before BF2... so here's a REAL noobie's advice:

Don't play singleplayer (the bots don't act like humans), just join some servers and start out as something like a sniper to get the 'feel' for the battlefield before you start diving into close quarter battle...

This also has the advantage of you learning how to hide and move around the map in a stealthy way.. Whenever I have a few bad rounds, I go sniper and pick off a few targets, then i'm usually up to speed again..

Above all, here's my best line of advice (which i'm gonna put in my sig)

"Learn From Other People's Mistakes... You'll Never Live Long Enough To Make All Of Them Yourself.."

Comment

watch band of brothers - move like they do.

Comment

and watch The Wiggles... Don't move like they do...

lol

Comment

Originally posted by pmuch12345
                      I just started playing this game and suck big time!!! :cry:

I need help!!

I've played BF1942 and BF Vietnam successfully, but I can't
                      seem to do worth a damn in this game.

Where do I shoot to kill an enemy soldier? Head, body? When confronting an enemy, I seem to always get killed instead of killing.

Any other tips for a newb?

Thanks,
                      Paul
                      Here is an entire forum dedicated for just that:

Good Luck and Have Fun!

Comment

Thanks all for your help!! Can't wait to do some killin!!!

Comment

Originally posted by pommy80
                          and watch The Wiggles... Don't move like they do...

lol

MMMmmmmmmmmooooooooooooooooovvvvvve like an emu moves........

Comment

i was total newbie to bf games found it better to start as assault/medic/ support first, just take ya time a try and join a squad soon get feel for it and you soon start learning maps and where u can get he drop on someone

Comment

Working...
                            X