Monitor is out of range...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monitor is out of range...

I had to borrow an older monitor as my usual one has died ( come on lcd finally!!) and this one is not able to cope with the refresh rate and is going out of range. Do I need to do a reinstall so I can adjust the settings or is there a file that I can delete that will reset everything back to default. When BF2 loads I can hear the intro movies etc, just no vision...

Re: Monitor is out of range...

Hey there, this should work but as a precaution back up the video.con file we are about to edit.

Go to your My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\Default and open up the video.con with notepad. On the "VideoSettings.setResolution" line after the resolution (mines 1024x768) their should be the refresh rate change it to a lower refresh rate 60hz to start with would be a good idea. Save the file and boot up the game.

Hope this helps

Comment

Originally posted by EAGLE_18
      Hey there, this should work but as a precaution back up the video.con file we are about to edit.

Go to your My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\Default and open up the video.con with notepad. On the "VideoSettings.setResolution" line after the resolution (mines 1024x768) their should be the refresh rate change it to a lower refresh rate 60hz to start with would be a good idea. Save the file and boot up the game.

Hope this helps
      The OP will probably need to also edit the video.con file in their player profile also. The way that you listed above will help start the game, but as soon as the OP logs in, it will change to whatever the setting is in the players profile.

The default is 800x600@60Hz and the 1024x768@60Hz is also safe, but you can use whatever the lcd recommends (1280x1024@60Hz for most).

Comment

All working again. Thanks for the assist!

Comment

Working...
        X