• good and bad things bout 1.4

the good things in 1.4 patch:
    Loads faster while loading the map
    New map Jalalabad
    Fixed the weapon kit.
    Running smoothly in certain maps.
    fixed nearly all the glitches

Bad things:
    I still have probelm connection with 1.4!
    Majority of people say that it crashes alot.
    Gets real laggy
    Havent fixed the red tag yet.

But it is still not good enough, the categories should all be covered in the new patch. Don't you think?

Re: good and bad things bout 1.4

I dont know why, but give it till V1.6 IMO.

BF1942 with v1.6 was perfect. I never had ANY problems!

Comment

Rockets still disappear through the front-end of oncoming vehicles.

Comment

Originally posted by deviousbf2
        the good things in 1.4 patch:
        Majority of people say that it crashes alot.
        I'm not sure about that one, I may be wrong but I thought that the server crashes and client CTD's had been sorted for most people. Is that not the case?

Originally posted by Combat-Quokka
        Yes they do - I was GUTTED when I noticed this has not been fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Combat-Quokka
          yeah that really farking pi$$es me off

Comment

Oh bummer, Now we are going to get a 1.5 patch. I can't wait.

Comment

Bad things:
              I still have probelm connection with 1.4!
              Majority of people say that it crashes alot.Gets real laggy
              Havent fixed the red tag yet.

But it is still not good enough, the categories should all be covered in the new patch. Don't you think?[/QUOTE]
              I totally disagree with this. Actually the majority seem to be very pleased with the overall lack of crashes, both client side and server side. Im not sure where you heard that but I think it's incorrect.
              Some of the patches seem to have been different sizes which may or may not account for the odd person having some issue. The overall condition of the computer itself might have a lot to do with it too. If that machine is never defragged, never updated, etc. you can definitely expect mass amounts of problems.

Comment

First round of me playing I got a CTD. But other than the odd thing it seems ok . Improved my loading times yay

Comment

I haven't had 1 CTD or connection loss with 1.4. I would say I've played 2-4 hours per day this week so far.

I can never understand how people on a forum like this can ever say the majority thinks this or that. It probably SEEMS like a majority because people having issues are the most likely ones to post in seek of help or wanting to vent. Those that aren't having problems are most likely playing instead of posting. I would say that a majority of people share that opinion .

Comment

Originally posted by Cardini
                    I can never understand how people on a forum like this can ever say the majority thinks this or that. It probably SEEMS like a majority because people having issues are the most likely ones to post in seek of help or wanting to vent. Those that aren't having problems are most likely playing instead of posting. I would say that a majority of people share that opinion .
                    I'm as guilty as the next person about saying "the majority" or "most" people. I think it's relatively easy to make a rough guess as to how bad certain issues are by the number of posts on these and other boards about certain issues. It's by no means scientific but I think it's relatively accurate.

If the server crashes had not been pretty well fixed in 1.4 I would expect there to be far more posts about it - there are a few but not meny and what posts there are are generally answered with a couple of "me too's" but a lot of "mine's ok now".

Obviously there's no way of knowing for sure, I could be completely wrong but I reckon it's relatively accurate.

Comment

Positives-
                      all of mine have been said several times

Negatives-
                      Two that I've found over the last couple of days that I haven't seen posted yet are..

On the new map, when I'm capturing it an enemy will appear around the flag then disappear real quick.

and

When being the 2nd person in the Su on Oman, theres a bug that doesn't allow you to shoot your missiles. The sound of them going off but nothing happens. This happened to a guy I was flying around before and happened to mine last night.

Comment

good things with 1.4 patch

people has stopped flamming about the 1.4 delay in this forums

bad things

havent discovered any change
                        more connection losts

Comment

Originally posted by LastRelex
                          When being the 2nd person in the Su on Oman, theres a bug that doesn't allow you to shoot your missiles. The sound of them going off but nothing happens. This happened to a guy I was flying around before and happened to mine last night.
                          I had that problem prior to 1.4, and it was on Gulf of Oman also, in the SU-34. Would fire my Laser missles, but nothing would fire, yet I'd hear the sound. I also could not get out of that mode to switch to 3rd person view. Had to suicide and respawn on the pilot.

Comment

Working...
                          X