headset questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• headset questions

I am about to buy my headset with a microphone on it. However, wanted to ask some questions about things I should look for.

There are two options: The RCA type jack that plugs into the sound card (I actually have the logitech Z3 speakers, so I have a speaker controller on my deskop where the headphone jack would plug in, but the microphone portion would run down into the microphone jack on the soundcard.) Because of that, I started to wonder about maybe getting a USB headset with microphone.

Can anyone tell me if either one is better than the other? Will the USB work just the same? I want something comfortable but also something that will transmit and output as clear signal as possible.

Thanks.

Re: headset questions

As far as I know, USB will work the same. Even if there was a difference, you probably couldn't hear it.

Comment

Re: headset questions

Get something like this,

Buy Genius MIC-01A Black 3.5mm Connector Metallic Microphone with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

or this,

Buy ZALMAN ZM – Mic1 Black 3.5mm Connector High Sensitivity Headphone Mic with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

and then you can get/use any headphones and not have to worry about getting a set with a mic.

Comment

Working...
      X