A fix to VOIP working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A fix to VOIP working?

Upon installing 1.4 (incremental) I lost all VOIP functionality. I cannot hear anyone (nor even see their name pop up when they talk), and it is the same for people to me.

I don't think reintalling BF2 and doing a full patch will solve anything, as someone in the 1.4 bugs thread said they already tried that.

I did have a similar problem in 1.3 occasionally, which I found out by going to my mic test. When I hit start mic test, and talk, nothing happens. When I hit start mic test while making noise, it picks me up and starts telling me how loud I am. This does not do the same during gameplay. This is the same thing that happens to me in 1.4, except before, I could restart my computer and it'd be fine again. That no longer fixes the problem.

Anyways, one of my buds is having a similar problem also, except he can hear other people but others can't hear him.

Has anyone figured out some temporary way around this to fix this? It seems like it's only a select few people (which I always seem to be a part of). This is also why I made a thread for this, because it will never get addressed in other threads containing other bugs.

Re: A fix to VOIP working?

My VOIP has not worked secne I got BF2
    I can hear people on it, but no one can hear me
    So, I don't know how to fix
    sorry

Comment

Your mic most likely isn't hooked up right or something then. Anyone who's having similar problems where it worked before and now it's not?

Comment

Originally posted by Mit
        Your mic most likely isn't hooked up right or something then. Anyone who's having similar problems where it worked before and now it's not?

Mine worked fine with 1.3, 10 minutes later and an upgrade to 1.4 and it's not working.

My problems are slightly different to yours in that I can hear others etc just fine. Will look into it after work and post any fixes here.

edit:

Have since been home and my problem has corrected itself (oh no not another intermittent 1.4 quirk?).

Comment

I've had that problem also,after installation of 1.4 my squad could hear me but I couldn't hear them.
          Restarting the game fixed it right up though, so I'm not sure of What's up with yours.

Comment

My problem is the same as Eye_of_God.

VOIP has never worked for me on BF 2. Ventrilo, TS, other games - just fine. BF 2? Forget it. Shocking eh?

Comment

For some reason, after letting my computer sit overnight, my problem has fixed itself :\

Comment

Originally posted by Eye_of_god
                My VOIP has not worked secne I got BF2
                I can hear people on it, but no one can hear me
                So, I don't know how to fix
                sorry
                I had the same problem for a couple of days and the below post worked for me.

Comment

Working...
                X