Freezing Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freezing Problem

I have searched the forum and have not found anyone with the same problem so here goes.
    I bought BF2 last year and from the begining had issues with not loading. I sorted this out and played all the patches and bought SF. I installed Euro and all ok. I get Armoured Fury and patch 1.3 and everything goes wrong.
    After the logon screen i always freeze at the options / server/ bfhq /singleplayer screen. On rare occassions i got in a game for a few seconds and the game would either freeze or have a sound loop and freeeze. I also had freezes on server map loading screens.
    After re-installing the game and patch no joy so wait for 1.4. In the meantime i buy a new graphic card, mobo, ram and do a fresh xp install. I then try out BF2 again with the same results. Fed up I do a fresh install and try 1.22 but its the same ! Even after unning successfully before ! At this point i lost the will to live and waited for 1.4.

Today fresh install and patch 1.4. Try singleplayer and dont alter any options and get on a map. Yeeha! Go to multiplayer online and start locking up at options and configuration screen. Its still the bloody same!

Sorry for the length of post but my spec:
    win xp sp2
    maxtor 120gb ide
    3700 san diego (stock)
    xfx 7600 gt pci-e (stock) (latest driver)
    2gb corsair vs ddr400 (stock)
    abit an8 sli
    on board audio
    500w psu

I had thought it might be my new graphics or maybe the psu but I can play HL2 Lost Coast and Episode1 no problem. I can run Aquamark3 and 3D Mark 06. I have alterd a file after reading a post video default.con. I have stopped a process in windows called wireless something after reading another post. I disable all anti virus and any other rubbish. If it crashed all the time on all games then I could understand, but one game after so many permutations is just annoying.

Thanks for reading this and I hope someone has advice beyond re-install and re-patch.
    Andy

Re: Freezing Problem

Wish I could help. That sounds really weird considering you effectively changed you whole machine. Have you tried a different install disk?

Comment

Re: Freezing Problem

I thought the game had to be in the Windows directory? Anyway just installed on to my slave drive and no patch, got onto a server straight away. Exited and patched and the same again.

More info:
      There is no overheating issue
      I have tried several DVD drives
      I have used my account on a friends machine with no probs

I am open to suggestions no matter how weird.

I have done yet another install and found that it would run at 800x600@60hz on singleplayer. patched to 1.4 and put in my profile and freezing again. Change resolution to 800x600@60hz for online account from 1024x768@60hz. Now i CTD every time i try load a map, any map. Tried other resolutions and freezing again. Why crash for low res and freeze for higher res ??
      This mean anything to anyone??

The dump file is the same for every CTD

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.6.0007.5
      Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Loading Dump File [C:\Documents and Settings\Andy\My Documents\Battlefield 2\dmp\bf2_v1.1.2963-795.0_2006-09-08_14.48.13.dmp]
      User Mini Dump File: Only registers, stack and portions of memory are available

Comment: 'Battlefield2 MiniDump. Address: 04104371 (In Windbg type: .ecxr)
      ASSERT INFORMATION:
      [...]
      D:\Aphrodite\BF2_1.4\Code\BF2\RendDX9\Ra\EffectMan ager.cpp(1016): Error: Ra: Failed to create effect: Invalid data
      [EOF]'
      Windows XP Version 2600 (Service Pack 2) UP Free x86 compatible
      Product: WinNt, suite: SingleUserTS
      Debug session time: Fri Sep 8 14:48:13.000 2006 (GMT+1)
      System Uptime: not available
      Process Uptime: 0 days 0:02:29.000
      Symbol search path is: *** Invalid ***
      ************************************************** **************************
      * Symbol loading may be unreliable without a symbol search path. *
      * Use .symfix to have the debugger choose a symbol path. *
      * After setting your symbol path, use .reload to refresh symbol locations. *
      ************************************************** **************************
      Executable search path is:
      .................................................. ..................................
      This dump file has an exception of interest stored in it.
      The stored exception information can be accessed via .ecxr.
      eax=0132ea48 ebx=00000000 ecx=0133183c edx=00002df8 esi=00000684 edi=00000000
      eip=7c90eb94 esp=00137a10 ebp=00137a74 iopl=0 nv up ei pl zr na pe nc
      cs=001b ss=0023 ds=0023 es=0023 fs=003b gs=0000 efl=00200246
      *** ERROR: Symbol file could not be found. Defaulted to export symbols for ntdll.dll -
      ntdll!KiFastSystemCallRet:
      7c90eb94 c3 ret

Comment

Working...
      X