Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cant join server?

hi all

fairly new to all this so was wondering if anyone can help me. got bf2 deluxe edition with 1.3 patch all been working fine. xfire has just automaticlly downloaded 1.3-1.4 patch. went to join a server and was told "this server only allows players with unmodified content to join. revert your version of bf2 to the current official version to join" what do i need to do?. anyone?
    cheers.

Re: cant join server?

I got that error a few times for no apparent reason, try loading in another server, or even better reboot your computer that always fixes it.

Comment

cheers m8 i'll try it

Comment

Were you trying to join a 'normal' BF2 server, or a mod (e.g. Point of Existence 2). If it was POE for example, the server admins might not have applied the hotfix after 1.4 patch.

Also - you say Xfire downloaded the 1.4 patch. I'm not familiar with Xfire - did you actually install the patch too ? Sorry if that's a stupid question, but sometimes the most obvious things get overlooked.

Comment

the modified content error is usally a result of bad ram when doing the patch
          or if u r lucky - justbad ram effecting the verifying content test
          just turn off bf2
          restart bf2
          if you get it too often
          repatch with FULL patch

Comment

ok, cant join any "normal" server (wake, karkland etc) at all, keeps showing same message as well as "you have a newer version than the server"

epoch- no i didnt install the patch but just tried, says i need to install version 1.3? this was already installed? do i need to do them all again?

anyone plz

Comment

I'd advise you to download and install the FULL 1.4 patch. Perhaps the incremental (which you've downloaded) doesn't replace some files which have become corrupt in some way. Just a thought. I always apply FULL patches - I don't trust the incrementals.

Comment

Originally posted by gsiking
                went to join a server and was told "this server only allows players with unmodified content to join. revert your version of bf2 to the current official version to join" what do i need to do?. anyone?
                cheers.
                In some cases you get that error when /mods/bf2/GameLogicInit.con is modified, usually when people are making demos without manually editing it.
                If you suspect it, try to get the file from someone who has a working copy.
                This is easy to do so if you planning to reinstall, at least, try it.

Comment

Working...
                X