Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do i configure BF2 for it to work with my joystick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do i configure BF2 for it to work with my joystick?

It seems that i cannot use the actual stick to turn the plane/heli i want to fly but i can go forwards/backwards

Re: How do i configure BF2 for it to work with my joystick?

options, controlls.

Comment

You should be able to configure it within the game by finding the command you wish to perform, clicking in the box and pushing your joystick in the desired direction.

I had trouble configuring my pad that I bought but I just cleared out all of the default directional commands (click them and press escape) and replaced them with the commands from the pad.

That worked fine for me.

Comment

Yeh i know this, but the actual stick on my joystick won't control the vehicle because it has "This button is already being used" on BF2, when i try to configure it.

Comment

I have had that before, I dont know if you have looked, but you need to find where the control is logged so next time you try and cofigure your j/s look out for the message, it should tell you in what area the control is duplicated in i.e Land , Common etc.

Other than that I cant help !

Comment

what joystick are you using
            I can help with most

Comment

Always make sure your stick is plugged in before you start BF2. If you hook up after the game has started, nothing works.

Since I rarely pilot any aircraft or helo, I wiped out the primary controls tied to the keyboard and made my joystick the primary. If you do this, then there is nothing else bound for that action.

Other than those two tips, I've got nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Gamer99
                Yeh i know this, but the actual stick on my joystick won't control the vehicle because it has "This button is already being used" on BF2, when i try to configure it.

That's exactly what I got so I removed the default values for all aircraft controls ie directional keys W,A,S and D and also the fire buttons.

Replace them with the joystick command and it should work fine.

Comment

Working...
                X