Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fix for jerky/laggy movement

Just in case other people are experiencing this:-

I had some really crappy laggy/jerky movememnt - even though FPS looked OK and ping was OK. But after much swearing and tantrums, here's how I solved my problem:-

Installed 1.4
    Went online - crappy lag...... ( :hmm: )
    Re-installed Graphics Card driver (actually used latest drivers from Nvidia website).
    Cleaned BF video cache
    Played a locally hosted game to optimise local BF2 video cache.
    Went online and 'hey presto' game now runs smooth. ( )

Hope this helps peeps.

Forgot to add this was with a AGPx8 Geforce 6800 GT card.

Re: Fix for jerky/laggy movement

Thanks cool dude. Had the same problem last night.

Comment

How do you clear the cache I have heard this mentioned a few times ?

Comment

i had a similar prob. recently, my fps was fine and so was ping but like every 3 seconds it was kinda freezing... like a half second pause and then went back to normal.. made it very hard to play properly. i already had my mcafee security centre (virus scan and firewall) closed but i looked in my task manager under processes and there is "mcshield.exe" and some other processes that appear to be mcafee components. this mcshield stuck out coz every few seconds its cpu usage kept fluctuating from 0 to around 40 %. i disabled this and disable it everytime i start bf2 and now it runs fine (usually!!)

Comment

I'm lazy so I use a useful prog called Battlefield cleaner, to clean my cache.

But, I've copied the manual details from warlord200ad's guide below:-

Try cleaning out your shaders and cache, to do this, go to C:\Documents and Settings\username*\My Documents\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2 and delete the shaders,
          next go to C:\Documents and Settings\username*\My Documents\Battlefield 2\LogoCache and delete the cache.
          Try Battlefield 2 again to see if it is better, if not, move your battlefield 2 folder from my documents to your desktop, this put the game onto default settings, as well as cleaning out its cache and shaders again.

Comment

*bump*

i have the exact same problem now.
            tried clearing out everything and repatching 1.4.
            no help, the same jerking is still there. one moment im walking straight, the next moment im facing a wall. kinda irritating.

Comment

That would be lag

Comment

Working...
              X