what u should know befor making a bf2 movie. Graphic Settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what u should know befor making a bf2 movie. Graphic Settings

welcome to this Tutorial about the best graphic settings to film with.

first i will start with the the pc where i work with and took the screenshots on.

My personal game rig.

Notice that i took this screenshots on 1280x1024 but rezised it to 1024x800.

1) te diverence between HIGH , MEDIUM, LOW.

let's take a closer look at the screens i made.

High
    Medium
    Low

as you can see the difference between high and medium is nearly not visable. that's why i recommend medium settings instead of high because your FPS will drop like 30/40 FPS with nearly visable changes.

*HINT*
    if you think let's drop my settings so i have 50FPS for a smooth film, don't do it. when you are editing a movie and render it, it will alway's be on 30FPS. if you buy a DVD, it will play at 30FPS. so put you graphics a little higher so you get around the 30 FPS.
    *HINT*

if you do not have a strong PC but still want to make a movie. you can put almost everything on medium/low but NEVER put Geometry on LOW.

here you can see why.

High
    Low

also:
    strange wall
    ugly tree

*HINT*
    If you are filming with fraps (duh) put your ingame settings on 1024x800 and in fraps, click " half-size" on. (instead of 800x600 and full screen recording)your will film will run more smooth.
    *HINT*

The most heavy graphic settings for your pc are the lightning and shadow settings. dunno why it's in there cause if you put averything on low (don't turn it off!) you will see nearly no difference in the quality of the shadow.
    so you better put dynamic lightning and shadow to low. also normal lightning.

Low
    high

2) recommended pc to film with.

here is a list what you will need when you want to film at a good quality.

- GFX card ( graphics card/ 3D card ) Offcourse you need a good gfx card to film with. to get the best graphics, get one of the biggest in the 6 series (6800GT) or pick a 7serie card. (not the 7300) a 7600GT, 7800GT or GTX , 7900 GT or GTX will do the trick. enough money to spend ? get a 7950 in SLi (quad LSi).
    - hard disk a 10.000RPM raptor HDD will work perfect. the fraps file's will be big and it have to write it down verry fast on your HDD so you need 10.000RPM to run it lot more smooth.
    - CPU (processor) you processor don't have to be that fast while gaming. only to load a map. get a AMD X2 3800+ (verry cheap now) or just an Athlon 3200+. (no intel, unless it's a Duo Core2 Extreem)
    - Ram you need alot of ram if you want to run averything on high + filming. when you playing bf2 on high with 4xAA on 1024x800 you need 1,2 gig of ram. so get at least 1,5 gig ram. i recommend 2gig.

that's it for now... many more to come... i will edit this. (got to go :P ) hopefully i can help some one with this.

P.S. any chance this could be a sticky ?

Re: what u should know befor making a bf2 movie. Graphic Settings

How about just use BattleLauncher and have all your graphics on high hm?

Comment

Because battlelauncher isn't the best route for everyone.

1GB is fine, btw. Still, the more the better.

Part 1 of a 36 part series.

Comment

Its not true that with a faster CPU you wont get more fps just lower loadtimes.

And dynamics shadows wont change the shadow of a tree since its static. Just have a look at a buggy for example.

Record in 1280*1200 or 1600*1200 with half size.

I recommand 2gigs for everyone.

btw not a bad guide.

Comment

Good pics, i hope they clear up alot of questions with people and film settings.. I looked on tweakguides.com also.. they have something simmilar to this, but to normal gameplay use

Comment

Originally posted by pYura
            Its not true that with a faster CPU you wont get more fps...
            Right. For those with dual core / HT processors and XP SP2 get the Microsoft hotfix.

Comment

Its not true that with a faster CPU you wont get more fps just lower loadtimes.
              I know that, but i will make it more clearly. thanks.

And dynamics shadows wont change the shadow of a tree since its static. Just have a look at a buggy for example.
              your right! stupid me I will edit that past later on the day. thanks mate!

I recommand 2gigs for everyone.

btw not a bad guide.
              thanks

Comment

Working...
              X