No announcement yet.

screen freezes when change resolution.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• screen freezes when change resolution.

my screens freezes when i press alt+F4 in bf2 for a quick quit, or when i'm changeing my screen resolution in windows. i just formated my pc, with brand new Nvidia drivers.

AMD 2800+
    Nvidia 6600GT AGP
    1,5 ram
    120 HDD

Re: screen freezes when change resolution.

Why are you using alt+f4 for a "quick quit" ?

When you're changing your screen resolution in windows are you having any other programs/games running in the background or is your computer just freezing?

Comment

try Alt+TAB then Cntl+Alt+Del then end process, but its just as easy to exit the game normally, a few seconds wont kill you

Comment

Originally posted by [ht].ken
        Why are you using alt+f4 for a "quick quit" ?

When you're changing your screen resolution in windows are you having any other programs/games running in the background or is your computer just freezing?
        no not my pc is freezing, just my left screen. (i have dualscreen) when i press the standby button and activate my pc again it's gone :S

Comment

Originally posted by funkypie
          try Alt+TAB then Cntl+Alt+Del then end process, but its just as easy to exit the game normally, a few seconds wont kill you
          or just open the console and write quit... The BF2.exe process lasts shorter (what's the opposite of longer?) this way than disconnecting the server and pressing quit.

No one mentioned the obvious, maybe your monitor can't run the resolution you chose

So I assume it freezes with ALT+F4 because it's not natural for the program to quit that way, and BF2 is unstable anyway, and the resolution you choose is too high for your monitor.

Comment

Working...
          X