Patching Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patching Error

Okay, after 2 days of trying to fix it myself, I'm about to say **** it on everything EA.

Basically, I originally reinstalled BF2 to fix another problem, which now is irrelevent. Upon actually installing it, it goes fine, but once it's done, I can't open it, it straight crashes or gives me an error, and then crashes. So I figure I should patch it first.

I've downloaded every sinlge patch that's be released, and all of them wouldn't let me patch. I tried 1.3 once, and got it to work, but then once I was all logged into the game, any time I press a button, the game crashes, no error message. I've reinstalled 4 times now, twice through add/remove, and another two times manually, through the Registry. I'll uninstall it all, reboot, install BF2, reboot, and then try to patch.

Both 1.3 and 1.4 will start fine, but both eventually time out and crash, with no error message. I noticed it was when it was going over this file that it crashed:

mods/bf2/Objects_Client.zip

The error message I get when trying to open BF2 without any patch:

mods/bf2/shaders/lightning.fx not found!!! _DO_check your working directory,_AND_sync your shaders folder before calling upon your local rendering programmer/GF.(really!)

I know there's a bagillion topics about 1.4 crashes, but I've seen nothing on this. Any and all help is appreciated.

Re: Patching Error

What order did you install BF2 in ?

BF2>1.3>1.4 ?

Try doing what I posted about. Before trying try logging on the game with 1.3. If it doesnt work install 1.4. You might be missing a file in that directory. When does the game crash ? When you are loading or when it starts ?

Comment

Working...
    X