BF2 survival ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 survival ?

Here a question I always asked myself, I know you're going to give me all the reasons on earth for this question but It stuck so long in my head that I have to say it out loud (well... you know what I mean)

Why BF2 wont survive as long as, let's say it together, Starcraft ?

You know some ppl laugh at starcraft and say it's a cheap game, but still, Blizzard had actually made one of the best game ever. I mean, Starcraft, still so many ppl playing it, enjoying, and this since 1998.

Shame, even BF1942 wont tough that long.

Re: BF2 survival ?

well for one i believe in general FPS games have a shorter life span than RTS games do.

Comment

Not to mention that starcraft just recently received yet another patch =P

Comment

yeah blizzard is also a way better company than EA

Comment

Comparing StarCraft with BF2... may as well compare Half-Life with Pong. Pong is still played to this day. It has been ported to every known platform including Unix, Windows, Java, Flash, PDA, Cell Phone and even Atari. It's nostalgia.

First person shooters are short lived in comparison to other games. New technologies in graphics processing and physics engines make this part of the FPS lifestyle. There are not too many improvements to be made to digital table tennis. Ooooh... 3d Pong or Hyper-Cube-Pong.

Originally posted by tw33k2514
          yeah blizzard is also a way better company than EA
          Anyone remember waiting for the 1.10 patch for Diablo II? A year and half later I stopped playing... Ironically enough for BF42. LOL

Comment

Radar-C}{G-, love the signature you got there, I was in the Marine Corps, finished my term and went on to being a teacher.

Comment

Bf2 will live untill a little after BF3 (not Bf2142).

Imo MMORPGS have the longest life span.

Comment

thats because people are constaly paying the money cow

Comment

Working...
                X