Fix "Stuck Keyboard" Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fix "Stuck Keyboard" Problem

I have had this problem since the demo. If I play Battlefield 2 on normal priority, occasionally the keyboard will act like I didn't let go of the buttons. The keyboard input sticking error seems to be prevalent on ps2 keyboards mores than USB. This has to do with battlefield 2 taking process priority over the keyboard input. You can make any game do this by increasing the game's process priority to high or something like that in windows task manager.

What you essentially need to do is get battlefield 2 to launch on low priority.

The easiest way to do this is go to your battlefield 2 directory and create a new file. Name this file priority.bat. If you cannot see file extensions, go into folder options and unhide known file types.

Now that you have a blank priority.bat, right click on it and click edit. Notepad should open it. Now enter the following information:

@echo off
    cd /d "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2"
    start /low BF2.exe +menu 1 +fullscreen 1

If you have bf2 installed in a different directory, adjust accordingly.

If you want to run a mod, add in the +modPath mods/blablabla parameter to the bat file.

Click save and exit. Now point your shortcut to the batch file, and poof, no more key sticking!

If you need any help at all, just say and ill be right there.

Re: Fix "Stuck Keyboard" Problem

Thanks, worked perfectly.

That bug has been annoying me since release, I've quit bf2 a few times because of it, hoping that the next patch would fix it. Oh well :P

NB: You can remove the @echo line if you want to impress your slower friends with your leethax0r skills.

Comment

How about the .bat entry for SF and other mods? I don't fully understand which lines to modify. All of my games are doing this. Also, my 2142 was purchased from EA downloader. I need the .bat entry for this too, as there is no cd running. does the "cd /d" refer to the disc drive being used? I changed mine to /e and it still works. The BF2 worked great! Thanks!

Comment

The mod line for SF is in red

Just add that and you should be in buisness.

@echo off
        cd /d "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2"
        start /low BF2.exe +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +modPath mods/xpack

When I got 2142, I didn't have the problem, but if you still are, here's the lines you should use.

@echo off
        cd /d "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Battlefield 2142"
        start /low BF2142.exe +menu 1 +fullscreen 1

If you have any question's I'll be happy to answer.

Comment

Thanks. This solution works for a while, then I have to quit after a couple of hours when the problem arises again. Why would this all of the sudden happen after months of flawless play? I just don't get it.

Comment

it starts again after a couple rounds? odd, I actually never had that problem... I honestly have no idea how to fix that. Maybe someone else in these forums who is smarter than me does =P

Comment

I sure would like to know what causes this, as it has happened to me twice. All of the sudden, it just starts happening. Even with this fix, my game is not as responsive as before. I have to wipe the drive and re-load a back-up point, or just do a fresh install of windows to fix it. A real pain in the ***.

Comment

Useful tip
                Although I think I don't have any of those problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooncabbage View Post
                  NB: You can remove the @echo line if you want to impress your slower friends with your leethax0r skills.
                  HAHA :laugh:... DOS is fun

Comment

DOS is crap.

As for this, you don't need to make a batch file. A direct shortcut will do. In the target box, "Start /low" and such, in the "Start-In" box, the BF2 directory. You'll have to play about with the quotation marks in the target box.

Comment

Working...
                    X