Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So now with IO, is it ok for Commander to fight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: So now with IO, is it ok for Commander to fight?

I have commanded twice since yesterday, both times IO and both times I fought...just set up a UAV as soon as it recharged in the best areas (as in where it could be used most effectively)

Comment

Originally posted by VT Nerd
      And you can report the servers that kick you for fighting as commander. Rules like that are against the ROE.
      no it is NOT against ROE to kick a fighting commander

Comment

I never had a problem with commanders fighting. I've always been all for a commander fighting as long as it doesn't affect his commanding duties.

Comment

It's best for the commander to command the team, issue the orders to squads and give out whats best for the team.

Comment

Originally posted by TopGunGreg
            no it is NOT against ROE to kick a fighting commander
            Wrong, in house rules are acceptable, but "kicking for fighting as commander" is against this section of the ROE...

2.3.1 Disallowed “In-House” Ranked Server Rules:

<snip>
            Server Administrators may not implement or enforce server rules on ranked servers that prohibit players from using any roles, kits, weapons, vehicles or other features of the game while playing on their server. Examples of such rules that would violate the conditions of use are:

(a) Preventing any players from being Commander or Squad Leaders.

(b) Preventing any players from using certain vehicles such as jets, helicopters or tanks.

(c) Preventing any players from using commander assets (artillery, vehicle drop, UAV or scans).

(d) Preventing any players from using certain weapons or items (such as flashbangs or C4) or enforcing a “pistol only” or “knife only” server rule.
            <snip>

So you can't stop a commander (role) from using the pkm (weapon) etc., etc. The ROE does allow in house rules that kick the commander when he's performing other actions that hinder his ability to command, but a few skirmishes with the pkm to defend an isolated cp hardly fits that description.

Comment

Working...
            X