JALALABAD tips for MEC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JALALABAD tips for MEC

Jeez Its a bit unbalanced. After putting a few hours in i still don't think i've won as mec, though a few were close. Had a lot of fun trying and dying.

Anyway heres a few things I've picked up.

The city itself does only have 2 entry points so these have to be well defended. I found a little patient c4ing was able to stop a lot of the cars coming through. At the northen entry there is a nice staircase and building that has a view of the approaches to the city, as well as overlooking a few flags. (sorry no screens)

Snipers dominate the rooftops and this is an mec advantage if the city proper is held.

The mad car dashes have made a comeback. I was able to chase down a few of these. Mec car's gun turns 360 and is just as fast. I was able to set up hidden beside the road out of site (just like the cops), and give chase. (but unlike cops I was able to spit out 50cals.)

I believe that this city map might differ from the other city maps in that the main attack is still a little unpredictable. And the US have such a massive advantage. It might turn out to be very playabe.

Just got to get a win under the belt.

Anymore tips for jalalabad?

Re: JALALABAD tips for MEC

A tip: don't play it. Warlord and Sharqi are the gods of maps.

Comment

Originally posted by Iwantcable
      A tip: don't play it. Warlord and Sharqi are the gods of maps.
      Agree...specially Warlord... !!!....

Comment

loved this map, there are plenty of places to take over flags without being in the open. in fact evey flag had a nice hiding spot to take over the flag unnoticed.

Comment

MEC whore out AT PROBLEM SOLVED

Comment

Yes, almost half your team needs to be AT with plenty of support nearby. Have some snipers at the rooftops, with engy's mining the choke points.

Comment

grab a fast mover jeep and flatten any infantry that comes down the main road

i tries this and i got bout 25 kills just bye flatnig people but keep moving or the tanks will own u

Comment

interesting, I'm as of now uninstalling + re-installing bf2 and patches, take forever lol..

I do wanna try this one thouugh, heard good things.

Also, I heard it wasnt too too unbalanced and that people were just making bad strategical decisions. Sorry if im wrong.

Comment

I had a lot of success holding the north city entry from fast-movers with C4. Plant your C4 on the top of that little ramp, so they don't see it until they fly over the top of the ramp and over your C4. Watch them coming up the road on top of those crates that let you see over the wall to the west, and the first white flag that US usually gets.

MEC did a 240-0 win over USMC, because we had tons of AT on the point to the east of USMC uncap, and anyone who tried to slip through for a backpoint got C4ed. They got a foothold at the start with the first white flag, but that's all they got.

Comment

I just realised that there is a new map lol..

Comment

well please do us all a favor and dont post it. That will only encourage others...

Also, so I tried the map, I do find it a bit unbalanced. I got pwned a lot of the time too.

Int he end I just went back to my home, kark.

Then, a bit of sharqui hely-ing!

Comment

Hey thanks for quoting me Lethal Ranger, I feel honoured !!!!!

Any way I have to say Jalalabad is one of the best maps made and its even managing to tear me away from Karkand. It's good cos the flags are linear. Even thought he flags are not linked, the linear lay out gives it a slightly similar feel to Onslaught mode in Unreal Tournament 2004

Comment

well good tips but i bet not everyone wants to wait for a kill so they go were the action is and just gun down people.

Comment

I have to say I prefer Sharqi to Jal, Jal just degenerates into armour rushes in my opinion, either that or sniper wars in IO. It's been fun to try out a new map, but it's not up there in my all time faves.

Comment

No problem rumple, love the quote!

Also, I tried it again but still found it was a little too armour oriented.

Seems like theres always these stupid convoys heading around the map self repairing each other so AT rockets do nothing.

Sniping : Tried it and found it interesting to try and hit the scurrying ants down below but still couldnt quite hit anybody twice for the kill. Maybe have been my position however.

Somebody wanna make a guide on the good sniping spots for Jala?

Comment

Working...
                              X