Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you like BF2, a great RTS...

Company of Heroes.

THis game is not just awesome, but phenomenal, I am a hardcore RTS fan and haven't find a recent RTS that has been great in awhile.

The graphics/strategy in this game is undeniable. There is so much you can do, put troops in random buildings across the map. lay mines, barb wire, tank traps.

The coolest thing I saw was that your team gets to choose 1 out of 3 specialty divisions. For the US i know it's Airbrone/Defensive/Armor Crews. Depending on which one you choose gives you a different specialty weapon and units.
    e.g. Airborne - Send paratroopers to different parts of he map, equipped with arty or whatever...
    Armor - You can unleash two huge tanks (Calliope, forgot other name) that just devastate buildings/ other tanks.

The graphics are AWESOME, the streaks from missiles looks amazing, explosions looks amazing, you can actually see sparks flly in the air and land on the ground a sit there in smoke. If a missile hits the right side of a building, guess what...the right side of the building will collapse. It is insane.

A friend of mine who I was playing with made a good comment:

"This game is like Commander mode for BF2 on steroids."

Guys give it try, you'll like it if your for RTS'.

Re: If you like BF2, a great RTS...

i pre-ordered this like a few weeks back. Can't even play the demo though it says the Zip is damaged. So I have to wait till the 29th of this month to play it since thats when it releases.

Comment

too bad man, I have the beta (havent ordered it yet) and i think it's awesome. I might quit BF2 just to play this game, last night 2h:30min game 3v3. The games are insane.

Another cool thing about this game, vehicles take on real damage, in other words you can hit a tank in the rear and destroy its engine causing it to go out of control and drive off, or you can damage it's turret to make it not shoot, etc.

Here are some in game screens (And yes these are IN GAME SCREENS, my 7900GT plays this game just as you see these):

EDIT: Be4 anyone complains no these are not my screens i took them off the official site, but my game looks just like this.

Comment

how is this if you like bf2? They are not even same era. Try soldiers heros of ww2 or somet hing like that it came out before that and never got what it deserved.

Comment

No, not the same era, but it is war based, and is very similar to using commander in BF2 (top/down view) shooting arty, etc. But whats nice is where you tell the squads to go, they actually go there.

Comment

The suppresion system is pretty nice, and the AI is smart compared to most RTS games. I got the pre-order/beta and liked what I saw, now I just have to wait for the game to be released. I'd love to LAN game with this and some friends.

Comment

Optimised single player demo was released about an hour and a half ago.

Comment

^ Link to the Demo off of FP ^

Comment

Working...
                X