How was this done?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How was this done?

I joined the [ROC] server today and there was NO teamwork going on...everyone was in one man squads...except the ROC guys. I suggested that everyone join a squad on our team. A couple guys joined my squad and we started to work together...for about a minute...then the round ended.

So Sharqi Peninsula starts up and I grab the MEC Chopper and create a squad. I team type, "Join my squad and spawn on me...I am in the chopper and need a gunner". Nobody joins my squad...so I fly alone for a few minutes. I then type, "Spot ENEMY Chopper for me"...ya know...so I can attack it. And this ROC dude types, "Hey man...STFU". And these guys WANT people to play on their server? So...having been on my share of NOOB servers today....his message aggravated me, so I typed. "If I ask you to spot the f*cking chopper, then help me out". I know it wasn't exactly a nice thing to do, but I used the * (asterisk). I mean...he did tell me to STFU and we all know what word the "F" describes.

Anyway...to get to my question. The next line of text I see SPOOFS my name and says "I SAID SHUT THE F*CK UP"...but didn't use the asterisk. I DID NOT type it...but it looked like it came from me.

I got booted for using the word "f*ck" without an asterisk. How did they do that?

I am a 38 year old TEAM player that is just really getting fed up with the spoiled little kiddies running around in PUB servers. I usually disconnect and join another...but this was one of the [ROC] guys being abusive, when I was asking for help spotting the enemy chopper.

I try not to be offensive...but I guess I had too many "Kiddie Encounters".

But how did they make it look like I did the typing? Cuz I got BOOTED!

Haze

Re: How was this done?

Did the line of text appear at the top where the kill and teamkill messages scroll? If so, that's part of BF2CC (admin control panel) and is very easy to do. Now if it showed up where normal text messages go then I have no clue.

Comment

Kids + clans + server = bad mix

Comment

Yeah...it was at the top. Been playing for a year and never had that happen.

Thanks,

Haze

Comment

What is the exact spelling and case of your screen name?

The lowercase letter L can easily be spoofed with a capital I using the in-game chat font.

Somebody may have a spoof account and may be following you around.

e.g. GeneraI_Haze

Comment

Originally posted by BigHAZE
            I joined the [ROC] server today and there was NO teamwork going on...everyone was in one man squads...except the ROC guys. I suggested that everyone join a squad on our team. A couple guys joined my squad and we started to work together...for about a minute...then the round ended.

So Sharqi Peninsula starts up and I grab the MEC Chopper and create a squad. I team type, "Join my squad and spawn on me...I am in the chopper and need a gunner". Nobody joins my squad...so I fly alone for a few minutes. I then type, "Spot ENEMY Chopper for me"...ya know...so I can attack it. And this ROC dude types, "Hey man...STFU". And these guys WANT people to play on their server? So...having been on my share of NOOB servers today....his message aggravated me, so I typed. "If I ask you to spot the f*cking chopper, then help me out". I know it wasn't exactly a nice thing to do, but I used the * (asterisk). I mean...he did tell me to STFU and we all know what word the "F" describes.

Anyway...to get to my question. The next line of text I see SPOOFS my name and says "I SAID SHUT THE F*CK UP"...but didn't use the asterisk. I DID NOT type it...but it looked like it came from me.

I got booted for using the word "f*ck" without an asterisk. How did they do that?

I am a 38 year old TEAM player that is just really getting fed up with the spoiled little kiddies running around in PUB servers. I usually disconnect and join another...but this was one of the [ROC] guys being abusive, when I was asking for help spotting the enemy chopper.

I try not to be offensive...but I guess I had too many "Kiddie Encounters".

But how did they make it look like I did the typing? Cuz I got BOOTED!

Haze
            I say, don't go back to that server
            They are real dickes if you just asked them for a little help and he says "STFU"
            That's real massed up!

Comment

Working...
            X