Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone know how to fix the wireless issue??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know how to fix the wireless issue??

I am one of the people that get the "you have lost your connection" issue. I have been told that it is becasue i am wireless. well thankyou for letting me know that but what can i do to fix it?? Going wired would just be impractical as i would need a 30ft cable.

Re: Does anyone know how to fix the wireless issue??

enable 128bit wep encryption or WPA perhaps, not tested WPA myself, WEP works just aswell but still get the odd connection drop

Comment

Well, im on wireless and rarely loose my connection unless the server itself actually crashes.

Comment

dont use wireless get wired

Comment

Originally posted by Supermario05
          dont use wireless get wired
          dude listen to wat he said he cant go wired like me becuae i need 20 ft dsl cable.

Comment

go to radio shack and buy 30ft

Comment

Originally posted by Supermario05
              go to radio shack and buy 30ft
              dont be so dumb...

Comment

Originally posted by Scinto
                dont be so dumb...
                thank u

Comment

ummm i never used wireless but u can try this:

start>run>"services.msc"

scroll down and right clikc on wireless zero config.. and go to properties>disable

Comment

Originally posted by ConscriptVirus
                    ummm i never used wireless but u can try this:

start>run>"services.msc"

scroll down and right clikc on wireless zero config.. and go to properties>disable
                    This worked great for me. Recommend it as a good starting point.

You may have to re-start the service after you're done playing, though. If I don't re-start, the connection to the wireless access point eventually drops.

Comment

what wireless issue? - AFAIK there isnt an across the board wireless issue, as i play pretty much with no problems, certainly not attributable to my wireless, as i have the same issues when i do have them when i am hard wired.

and there are other fellow wiffies that say they too have no problem really, just the usual game probs.

it seems there is a lot of false information being banded around these forums without the knowledge to back it up. just conclusion jumping

we ALL have issues intermittently with this game, more often than not its server side, which we think is us. when it is client side, we automatically blame our internet connection, which 99% of the time when getting that bf2 problem is still functioning perfectly. i think we can all agree its predominantly down to hard coded shoddiness in that area of the game.

if you are having problems which you believe is solely down to you using wlan then do as i did, to quench your curiosity and as a one off session, inconvenient and unpractical as it may be, run a length of cat from router to your pc and play a while and see the difference if any.

all i will say, this whole discussion made me think back to bf1942 and the hours and hours a day i would play (on wireless) and i NEVER had any connection loss, i mean it would have been a rare event, i know the game has gotten more complex with thats required to be utilized by our connections, but boy o boy how they should have used that stable building block to improve upon......for bf2 ........it seems its all changed!!

Originally posted by Tomaff
                      I am one of the people that get the "you have lost your connection" issue. I have been told that it is becasue i am wireless.
                      here is a fact: the person who told you the above factlet is wrong. it has nothing to do exclusively with what method you use to game online.

i can say this with such confidence. as here is another fact: i have had that message when playing wired.

Comment

Originally posted by UltrAdamSki
                        here is a fact: the person who told you the above factlet is wrong. it has nothing to do exclusively with what method you use to game online.

i can say this with such confidence. as here is another fact: i have had that message when playing wired.
                        on my desktop i have Win Zero Config disabled and using wired and not seen the connection lost for a while, apart from the odd server crashing the only sign i have that my connection drops is a nice red light on my router

Comment

Well i get this problem every game, every day, every week. I happens about 1-5 mins in, and it is also not the 1.3 patch as i have now tried running no patches and 1.22 patch. So i am really all out of ideas.

Comment

wireless here to, No problems.. Go with Linksys

Comment

I had loads of connection problems (only with BF2) when I had a wireless modem, I changed to wired and the problem went away for good...thankgod, that used to do my head in.

Comment

Working...
                              X