• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logitech Joystick users...

What settings do you use?

Heres my settings for each Axis..

Heres my overall device settings...

Now everytime I go to play I go to the little Logitech icon in the taskbar and close the profiler program. It says the joystick might not function properly but thats a load of crap. It works better without the profiler open. Then I use DXtweak2 to set my deadzone to 10% for each axis including the rudder and throttle.

After a couple of months of testing and experiments this method works the best for my joystick to be perfect for me. Its sensitive but not jittery. I can use the machine guns on the planes like they are heat seekers. Its great!

What settings do all you Logitech users keep?

Re: Logitech Joystick users...

Originally posted by Drunken_x_Boxer
    Then I use DXtweak2 to set my deadzone to 10% for each axis including the rudder and throttle.
    Why are you using another program to set the deadzone?

Comment

What settings do you use?

Heres my settings for each Axis..

Heres my overall device settings...

Now everytime I go to play I go to the little Logitech icon in the taskbar and close the profiler program. It says the joystick might not function properly but thats a load of crap. It works better without the profiler open. Then I use DXtweak2 to set my deadzone to 10% for each axis including the rudder and throttle.

After a couple of months of testing and experiments this method works the best for my joystick to be perfect for me. Its sensitive but not jittery. I can use the machine guns on the planes like they are heat seekers. Its great!

What settings do all you Logitech users keep?

joystick users sit on their joysticks!

Comment

um...just use whatever the default settings are. works fine.

Comment

Originally posted by sarb
          um...just use whatever the default settings are. works fine.
          Default settings does'nt let you turn at max speed. Atleast with the default logitech profiler settings. An F-35 can out manuever me if im in the J10 with my settings at default.

Originally posted by Zach
          Why are you using another program to set the deadzone?
          Because the deadzone settings in profiler screw up my joystick. I dont know why but if I set the deadzone in profiler its not noticable in game at all but it will make my joystick go down and to the right. It makes it almost impossible to fly straight.

..srry for the double post but I missed this post when I replied before.

Comment

It didn't even come to mind to me that you could change my joystick sensitivity, I'm going to play around with it now.

What does Deadzone do?

Comment

It makes the area around the center of the joystick not cause any movement. Like if you set the deadzone to 50% then the plane wouldnt turn until you turn the joystick atleast halfway to the side. I set mine to 10% so that theres no jitter at all when im trying to strafe something. That was the original reason I started messing with all the settings I could.

You should try dxtweak2 if your going to play with the settings. I saw it in a thread on these forums. The profiler software logitec has is junk. Its only good for mapping keystrokes to the buttons. If you download it read the readme and use it to calibrate your joystick. It works alot better than profiler.

Comment

My opinion on logitech joysticks are that they are piles of ****. I bought the Attack 3, it broke within a week, i bought another 1, broke within a day, bought another logitech model, the turn radius was screwed. Bought the Saitek Cyborg Evo, im in heaven

Comment

Originally posted by The_Eliminator
                  My opinion on logitech joysticks are that they are piles of ****. I bought the Attack 3, it broke within a week, i bought another 1, broke within a day, bought another logitech model, the turn radius was screwed. Bought the Saitek Cyborg Evo, im in heaven
                  Ive had the force3d joystick for something like 2-3 years now and never had any problems with it. It even sat in the bottom of my closet for months pushed up against the wall and it still works like a charm. I dont have any problems with Logitech's stuff its the software they provide thats junk.

Comment

i just ordered one tonight.:rock:

Comment

Ive had the force3d joystick for something like 2-3 years now and never had any problems with it. It even sat in the bottom of my closet for months pushed up against the wall and it still works like a charm. I dont have any problems with Logitech's stuff its the software they provide thats junk.
                      Same here, had mine in a closet pushed up a bunch of junk for...several years. Works perfectly now!

Comment

i have a force feedback 3d and had to set the deadzone. but i went and got a extreme 3d pro and i like it much bettter. i didn't install any software, i'm just using the XP drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Eliminator
                          My past two have been logitech's - both have worked awesome, the latest being the Freedom 2.4 wireless. Nothing to complain about from me...

Comment

cool im going to try your profile out Drunken_x_Boxer but how do i get into the global device settings its not highlighted for me?

Comment

Originally posted by 1986lt1boy
                              cool im going to try your profile out Drunken_x_Boxer but how do i get into the global device settings its not highlighted for me?
                              Open up profiler and click on options then global device settings.

Comment

Working...
                              X