Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• info confirmation

hello there fellow cyber soldiers.
    ive been recently hearing some things about the ranking system in our blessed game. now being a gunnery sergeant it sounded relevant to my rank.
    what ive heard: that there is some sort of "fork in the road" after my current rank (not that i have a short while to go (only 5% into it)). now if u havent heard of this which i assume almost everyone has, however if this is not you then refer to this common website: http://ubar.bf2s.com/ranks.php
    and you can clearly see that after gunnery sergeant there is "two options?" either master sergeant or first sergeant.. with both needing 20,000pts. so i assume this also determines whether you become master gunnery sergeant or sergeant major.
    now, one of the main reason for my thread is because looking at my stats on two different sites shows me two different outcomes of this, thus my needing of confirmation. one website http://www.bf2stats.nl/player/73714164/
    foretells me that i will obtain the rank of first sergeant and thus sergeant major opposed to the second website: http://bf2s.com/player/73714164/
    which foretells me that i will obtain the rank of master sergeant and thus master gunnery sergeant.... is it just me? what the hell is going on here guys? im lost. someone who actually knows the issue plz respond (if there is such a thing and its not my imagination).
    admin: sorry for the repost if it is.

Re: info confirmation

first sgt and sgt major are the higher of the two. u must meet certain requirements for each one. if u dont have the badge requirements for first sgt then u will become a master sgt instead of first sgt.

Comment

I doesn't matter what the stats sites say, you have to have these basic badges to get first sergeant:
      Basic Knife Combat Badge, Basic Pistol Combat Badge, Basic Assault Combat Badge, Basic Anti-tank Combat Badge, Basic Sniper Combat Badge, Basic Spec Ops Combat Badge, Basic Support Combat Badge, Basic Engineer Combat Badge, Basic Medic Combat Badge

Basiclally all your kit basic badges + knife and pistol basic badges. From what I can tell you do not have the knife badge therefore you will be a Master Sergeant.

Now to get Sergeant Major you do not have to be a First Sergeant, but you do need the following badges + the ones previoulsy mentioned:
      Basic Armor Badge, Basic Transport Badge, Basic Helicopter Badge, Basic Aviator Badge, Basic Air Defense Badge, Basic Ground Defense Badge

Once again you are missing the knife + the Air defense.

Both titles are a one-shot deal. You have to have the badges before you rank up or you will not get the title.

Comment

yea, ive acknowledged (which i hope is right) that first sergeant is the one that requires all of the basic combat badges and master sergeant is no requirements. the one im missing still is the basic knife. so now does that mean if i get this badge by the time i get to 20,000pts i will get first sergeant? or did i have to already have this badge by the time i got my current rank?

Comment

You have to have that badge before 20,000.

Comment

too easy.
            cheers for that guys .

Comment

Working...
            X