Negative Points?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Negative Points?

Its just a quick question, but when say in a round you accidently kill a player of your own team and they punish you for it leaving you with a teamwork score and overall score of -5, if the round ends this way with you still having a negative score, does this negative score get taken off your stats, so -5 points from your stats? And say if you win the round does this -5 get doubled to -10 points?

Re: Negative Points?

ive thought about this alot and idk the answer,but u i think u only get points doubled if ur commander and u win

Comment

you only get double points if you are the commander of the winning team

Comment

Originally posted by The_Eliminator
        Its just a quick question, but when say in a round you accidently kill a player of your own team and they punish you for it leaving you with a teamwork score and overall score of -5, if the round ends this way with you still having a negative score, does this negative score get taken off your stats, so -5 points from your stats? And say if you win the round does this -5 get doubled to -10 points?
        The x2 bonus does not work individually, it multiplies your final score x2. I you also do not lose points when you have a negative score. The negative score means that is the number +1 that you would have to have in order to earn a positive score that round. Once your stats are processed and your points earned you cannot move backwards in points. This is something I thought should have been in play to assist in preventing smacktard behavior.

Comment

The x2 bonus only works if you are commander!!!! Now you tell me!

To get the basic command badge i have to get 40 points as commander in a round, if i get 20 points and we win the round do i get the badge?

Comment

Wow, you have a LOT of misconceptions here.

Getting punished for a teamkill DOES NOT get your anymore negative points.

When you TK someone, the MAX you can ever get off, is -1, even if he forgives or not. All punishes do, is if you get a certain amount, you will be kicked.

Also, being on the winning team does not get you double points, ONLY if you're commander!

NO, even if you ARE commander, it does NOT double your negative points.

Comment

Originally posted by D|sso

When you TK someone, the MAX you can ever get off, is -1, even if he forgives or not. All punishes do, is if you get a certain amount, you will be kicked.

Also, being on the winning team does not get you double points, ONLY if you're commander!

You TK, you get - points, if you get punished, you get MORE - points.

Comment

Originally posted by CyberPitz
                WRONG!!!

Punishes don't give more negative points.

I am still amazed at how many noobs don't know this yet.

Your global score cannot decrease by getting negative points in a round. If you get negative score, it basically counts as zero toward your global score.

Comment

Originally posted by CyberPitz
                  No you don't. This has been covered many times before.

Punishes only purpose is to get people kicked from servers.

Comment

Thats strange because i have TK'd some1 befoer accidently and got a -1 point score, yet when he punishes me i end up with that of a bout -4?

If what you say is true why does this happen?

Comment

The x2 bonus only works if you are commander!!!! Now you tell me!

To get the basic command badge i have to get 40 points as commander in a round, if i get 20 points and we win the round do i get the badge?
                      I'm pretty sure its 40 points before the 2x.

Comment

Thats strange because i have TK'd some1 befoer accidently and got a -1 point score, yet when he punishes me i end up with that of a bout -4?

If what you say is true why does this happen?

Yeah I agree, me too. I got -6 this afternoon cos of the "red Label" bug, I got a minus score for team vehicle damage , a team kill and a punish for bombing a tank. I started the round with -6 points.

Comment

What may happen to those people who think they are getting more points for the punish is that they may be getting the team damage penalty of -2 before the tk.

This is the cause of those '6 point penalty tk punishes'. Punishing does not give you more negative points, it just adds to the limit by which servers ban people by.

Comment

I believe this is the way it goes, its from the BF2S Wiki

Negative Points

Team vehicle damage = -1
                            Team damage = -2 ie: shooting a team member but not killing them.
                            Team kill = -4
                            Suicide = -2 points.

You get these negative points when you kill yourself with something that can hurt enemies. For example, frag grenades, explosives, the suicide button on your spawn screen, and vehicles. If you die involuntarily you don’t get -2, such as if you jump from a height or crash a car.

Note: Loading the front of a vehicle with C4 and raming it into an enemy vehicle (causing detonation without using the detonator) will result in you killing him and him also getting the kill on you. You will not get -2 suicide points for this.

Sometimes you will team kill and get -6 points, this happens becuase often you will get -2 team damage with your first shot then -4 with second and fatal shot.

The team kill punish system is there to aid in your removal from the server. Not to take your points away. If you team kill you will get -4 minimum regardless of whether you are punished or not. Each punish will count towards the maximum number that each player is alotted before they are kicked/banned.

Comment

Originally posted by D|sso

NO WAY! if you TK you get like -4 for every TK whether or not they punish you!

Comment

Working...
                              X