Infinite Essex AA missiles!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infinite Essex AA missiles!?!

I've noticed while playing Iron Gator, that if you drop a supply crate on the essex, you do not have to wait for the AA to reload. The supply crate constantly replenishes them. So, you can sit their and fire, fire, fire, fire, fire, fire, and on and on without a pause in the action. I haven't tried this in vanilla, but it would be interesting to test.

Re: Infinite Essex AA missiles!?!

interesting.. I haven't noticed this in vanilla, but it probably works the same.

good tip.

Comment

Yeah it probably works the same in vanilla but I'm never on the carrier long enough to actually try to test it.

Comment

Originally posted by amndunncw
        I've noticed while playing Iron Gator, that if you drop a supply crate on the essex, you do not have to wait for the AA to reload. The supply crate constantly replenishes them. So, you can sit their and fire, fire, fire, fire, fire, fire, and on and on without a pause in the action. I haven't tried this in vanilla, but it would be interesting to test.
        There is a video about it for vanilla I think it was at youtube or google videos. It doesnt reload fast but reloads 1 at like 2-3 seconds

Comment

that would be fun

Comment

If you drop 3 supplies at the AA you WILL survive any TV hit.

Comment

Originally posted by Heavy552(AWG)
              3 supplies makes it so it gets replenished faster than you can shoot. Too bad the missles never hit anything anyways...

Comment

Originally posted by Iwantcable
                3 supplies makes it so it gets replenished faster than you can shoot. Too bad the missles never hit anything anyways...
                Sure they do, just fire one then wait 3 heartbeats and fire the next. Spacing out the missiles provides the server with enough time and space to guide the missile into the jet.

Comment

Interesting tip i will try it....

Comment

Sure they do, just fire one then wait 3 heartbeats and fire the next. Spacing out the missiles provides the server with enough time and space to guide the missile into the jet.

I don't know about this, but I just keep firing till it says you killed...

As far as surviving tv hits with three supply crates... First, is it even possible to have three supply crates, without one blowing up first. Second, I think a TVM destroys all, maybe you didn't receive a direct hit.

Comment

I don't know about this, but I just keep firing till it says you killed...

As far as surviving tv hits with three supply crates... First, is it even possible to have three supply crates, without one blowing up first. Second, I think a TVM destroys all, maybe you didn't receive a direct hit.
                      I have eyeballed the TVM in Oman straight into my missile box which would usually destroy the AA and me.

I actually saw the health bar go empty, the destruct sequence animation start and stop instantly as the health bar snapped back full. I had 4 crates that day. I proceeded to shoot the amazed heli down and then the next two planes that came in.

Comment

I have eyeballed the TVM in Oman straight into my missile box which would usually destroy the AA and me.

I actually saw the health bar go empty, the destruct sequence animation start and stop instantly as the health bar snapped back full. I had 4 crates that day. I proceeded to shoot the amazed heli down and then the next two planes that came in.
                        You had me going at first, but when you said planes I realized you were mistaken.

I can't confrim vanilla but in SF this is not possible.
                        For three reasons:
                        No planes (most obvious)
                        4 crates (questionale even in vanillas)
                        destruct sequence (is there such a thing/ if so post it)

Comment

You had me going at first, but when you said planes I realized you were mistaken.

I can't confrim vanilla but in SF this is not possible.
                          For three reasons:
                          No planes (most obvious)
                          4 crates (questionale even in vanillas)
                          destruct sequence (is there such a thing/ if so post it)
                          1) He said Gulf of Oman (there are planes!)
                          2) I've seen 3 crates at once, so I think 4 would be odd, but possible
                          3) I'd like to see a "destruct sequence" as well

Comment

Well, it should not be too hard to stage such a fraps, just need a Good heli pilot, TVM gunner, AA Essex man to record and 4 supply crates.

Comment

Working...
                            X