2 Questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Questions.

Hello everybody I just got this game and and I'm still learing to play, I have 2 questions.

Question 1. Whats so popular about Wake island?
    When I log in and bring up the server screen I see so many of these *24/7 Wake island* servers. I dont see what the hype is all about? Everytime I play Wake it goes like this. Americans are bese raped (am I using the term correctly?) by the Chinese. I have yet to be in a Wake match where the Americans win, and honestly I dont see how its possible for the Americans to win if the Chinese have 2 good pilots. While I have no problem with Base raping I just dont get why anybody would want to play on a map where you have a 50% chance of being base raped. So I'm just asking whats so popular about the map and what does it take for the Americans to win?

Question 2. How to properly use AA weapons.
    Question explains it all. I pretty much have difficulty getting my missles to chase after and hit the target, I get the lock on tone, and wait for his flares to disapear, it says fire, I fire. My missles fly in a striaght line and dosen't even attempt to chase after the air craft. Also when my missles to do hit the target they seem to do very little damage. Since I have only 2 missles to fire, coupled with a very long reload time you would think that it should only take 2 missles to down the air craft. Have SAM's been recently nerfed? Can I get some advice on how to properly use SAM's.

Thanks.

Re: 2 Questions.

I dont know about Wake island, i hate it myself. USMC gets buttraped 8 out of 10 times, and the map itself is just.. cramped. I suppose its all about the planes.

AA is a bit random i'm afraid, you are pretty much doing everything right there, but jets are just so fast..

Comment

there are so many wake 24/7 becuz 1. for the planes and 2. its a snipers paradise.

Comment

Question 1: It is possible to win as american, you just have to find a server that has a no base rape policy and actively enforces a kick if it's broken. Base raping is something that sad people with no skillz do. I am not suprised that your being base raped on that map -- personally I avoid maps like this as there is no skill in raping a base over and over again. Spawn - Kill - Spawn - Kill - Spawn - Kill - Spawn - Die, oh well back to the chopper - Fly out to carrier - Spawn - Kill - Spawn - Kill etc...

Question 2: AA missles, once you see a heli and it's dropped it's flares you fire the missle, which is correct. However, the tone you hear must be constant, and if you want the missles to follow the aircraft you must follow the aircraft with the tone intact, hence the tone can't break. It's tricky especially with jets. The one thing is expect to get killed alot by people who know where you are, especially on fixed AA sites.

Comment

Wake Island is a nostalgic throwback to those of us who played BF42' you should get it and try it in all its original glory!

Comment

Originally posted by Hãt©h
            Wake Island is a nostalgic throwback to those of us who played BF42' you should get it and try it in all its original glory!
            Yeah And it's a very nice map aswell...

Comment

Why do people like Wake Island? I have no idea. The last time I was there I was owning in a plane, my k/d....12-22.:hmm: Its definitly not my type of fly map. The original Wake island on the other hand was really fun. I dare say it was the most popular Vanilla BF1942 map. It had such a great comination of ubran and arieal warfare.

Comment

Ewww Wake Island

Comment

USMC can completely own the Chinese, if they take and hold the Airfield. That's the hinge of that map.

Comment

Wake Island is a joke. Want to know how to have some serious fun and piss off the Chinese team while getting the win? It's really quite simple. If you are USMC, spawn on the carrier and grab a plane. Form a squad and head very high towards the Chinese airfield. When you’re over top, bail out and 2 feet from the ground, pop your chute. Have your squad members spawn on you and take the airfield flag in 5 seconds with a full squad. On of you should quickly grab the tank or any vehicle you can and take out the plane and chopper at the airfield before they get off the ground. The J10 won't spawn again.

Now there are some criteria that must be met for this to work. You need to be on a server that has some players who will work as a team (very rare) and also have VOIP going. You also need to be the first person to grab a jet on the carrier. If those two conditions are met, you can pull it off every time.

I usually get in the map first, hit the jet, get in the air and bail at the airfield. My guys spawn on me as soon as my feet hit the ground (they are on TS with me) and we take the airfield flag before some of the Chinese have even spawned. This almost always gives us the chance to grab the tank at the airfield and take out the chopper and J10.

Now you have the main Chinese spawn. Hang out there with your squad and beat them back as they try to retake it and the win is yours.

Comment

wake island is great if your in the j10, and the massive battle to get the airfield

Comment

instead of taking the chopper and j-10 out, you should steal them for your team.....

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaCueUp
                          instead of taking the chopper and j-10 out, you should steal them for your team.....
                          I can understand why you might want to if you enjoy flying, but then you get in the air and 10 seconds later you have just lost the flag you took. You did not stay to defend it and since it is the only flag your team had you lost your foothold on the island and the J10 respawns for the enemy after you die.

The leap forward your squad gave your team is lost and you can now say welcome to spam town on the carrier as you're raped over and over by the J10. It's better to take them out and fight to keep the airfield. I don't feel the need to fly. I play maps for the battles, not for 100-0 kill streaks in jets.

Besides, it's more fun to watch the helpless pilots who now have nothing to fly leave as they get wasted on the ground without their precious jets. I take great pride in watching jet whores disconnect as soon as you remove the jets from the equation.

Comment

I myself dont like wake, its so annoying, if your in the place and manage to eject before you are brought down, and you land in middle of the sea, its just annoying to swim either to the land or to your ship.

Comment

Working...
                            X