Major graphics issues!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major graphics issues!!

Hi, my first post here but have had a gander now and again.

The problem I'm having is simple.... polgons explode now and again.

I have logged this with EA but I am awaiting a response. I was hoping someone here might had experienced this same issue.

I have gone through the problem with XFX and they say its nothing to do with the card, the temperature the clock speeds etc. Everything checks out. There must be a small setting somewhere causing this issue, or it might just be an issue with the game itself.

I have found one instance where someone else has the issue Which can be found here.

Here's a screenshot of exactly what happens:

Any ideas?

Re: Major graphics issues!!

I read that topic on the other site. Some people suggested to take off the case and have a fan blow directly at it. I doubt its a heating problem though. Its worth a try if you really want to play.

Comment

If you can, try kicking down the Memory speed.

Comment

I've been through all those kind of solutions with XFX and nothing helped, and to find someone with a different card have the same issue is a good indecation to the issue being game/dirver/software related.

Comment

Then post your hardware/drivers.

I'm having a similar issue with my XFX card but it only happens rarely. XFX support advised me to underclock my video memory.

Comment

I'm running:

A8N SLI Premium
            Athlon 64 3700+ San Diego
            2GB PC3500LL Pro
            7900GTX

Drivers are all WHQL up to date as of yesterday.

I had the problems 2 driver vesrions gone.

Comment

Yup...sounds like the usual 7900GTX problems I've been reading about.

We have the same card and the same problem.

Sad, really

XFX claims that it's something on nVidia's end that has to be fixed through drivers. I'll believe it when I see it.

Comment

I have an ATI Radeon x700 Pro: 256mb and I had the exact same problem when my card overheated. I had to buy a new one and then it worked. Looked like since I left my computer on during the night, it overheated my hardware.

Comment

lol
                  ^ i got the same problem as him with my old comp i had an x700 pro

but yes it might be the card overheating

Comment

Me too , i have a 7900,and i get this ,i think its a overheating problem as i only get it when i have been playing for hours ,for some reason a re-boot solves it ,check out this thread.

Comment

Hmmm... there's a pattern here.

For me it can happen after 5 mins for 5 hours of play. But after 5 mins of play, my computer may have been on for over 12 hours before that, and have played BF2 some hours before that. Or I could just have booted my PC from cold and played for 5 hours to get the issue.

So this does point to a heat issue, although my GPU never gets over 70C full load, so I'd say the RAM was getting too hot.

Comment

Working...
                      X