Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spam at Karkand - The Movie

Update: Full Movie Released!

Thankyou to everyone who took the time to watch the preview video of "Spam at Karkand" I posted here earlier. The trailer received over 1200 views, which was a few more than I expected. The good news is that the final product is now ready for release!

I have posted links to both direct download and streaming versions of the movie, but I would suggest everyone download the full 83MB .wmv file if possible as it will be far, far better quality than the streaming versions from Google Video or YouTube. The full file is encoded at 800x600 resolution and should look good fullscreen even on the highest res monitors. I will be posting some more links shortly, but these should get things started at least. Edit: The filexoom host deleted my account - so much for their unlimited bandwidth claim...

For those who missed the preview video, here's a quick rundown:
    Spam at Karkand - The Movie.wmv (800x600, 8 mins, 83MB)

Battlefield2 + 24/7 Karkand = Spam.

BF2 could be considered the best online multiplayer game to date, but unfortunately every silver lining comes with a dark cloud...

This video is a humorous look at the effects the persistent stat system coupled with 24/7 "infantry" servers has on gameplay. The movie is filmed using in-game footage from a real, ranked 24/7 Karkand server.
    Direct Downloads (Best Quality):
    *dead* http_//filexoom.com/files/15195/Spam%20at%20Karkand%20-%20The%20Movie.wmv *dead*

http://www.mega-file.net/video/view....7b605bfa4b7108 (save the download link at bottom right)

Streaming (Reduced Quality):
    Battlefield 2. 24/7 Karkand. Spam.BF2 could be considered the best online multiplayer game to date, but unfortunately every silver lining comes with a dark c...

Screenshots:

Thanks again to the BF2 community for their support!

Re: Spam at Karkand - The Movie

Nice graphics, well filmed. But nade spamming is the thing I hate to most in BF2 , after the planes. Spamming just ruin the game and this video proves it.

Comment

haha its funny when you think about it karkand is a spam map i mena throwing nades everywhere and commander.. say :"enemy infantry spotted""enemy infantry spotted""enemy infantry spotted""enemy infantry spotted""enemy infantry spotted"....lol "negative""negative""negative""negative" "afermative".:laugh: :laugh:

Comment

Yep, don't get me wrong, I hate all the 'nade spam, spawncamping and all the rest. If you actually try to play seriously on these servers, all that happens is you end up getting angry - it's just not worth it.

Eventually I promised myself never to return to 24/7 Karkand and my enjoyment of BF2 is as good as ever (ignoring the 1.3 patch ). When things get that bad, the only thing you can do is step back and laugh... and maybe make a video.

Thanks for taking the time to watch it guys, I'm off to bed now, but keep posting your comments!

Comment

lol! great ending!

Comment

I just love your graphics man! So nice so as the video

Btw how did you managed to download the battlerecorder file from gamearena #25? It always won't let me download it

Comment

Yeah, sometimes they change the urls, or it doesn't work or something or other. Here's a link for you:

Edit: Odd. When I copy and paste it stops working. Maybe start from here, scroll to the bottom and you'll see a link to GA#25.

Comment

Nice video. I havent seen you myself playing on any of the GA servers but I will keep an eye out for you

Comment

At the moment I'm mostly playing Point of Existence2, which I'm most impressed with. A bit different from Karkand!

Comment

haha!

Comment

lol, its funny cause its true.

Comment

Spam is the reason I don't play Karkland anymore. I will disconnect a server if that map starts loading.

Comment

Nice video, not bad at all. The spamming was dumb, but I liked the video.
                          You have great potential to make great movies.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. Mayflower
                            Nice graphics, well filmed. But nade spamming is the thing I hate to most in BF2 , after the planes. Spamming just ruin the game and this video proves it.

nades and planes have been around since 1942, so i dont see what the big deal is.

Comment

Working...
                            X