Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ea's greatest mistake

Originally posted by tyrant
    they didn't make a mistake, they saved thousands by not buying cds and paying for paper for a manual, or on ink for the cd's images, plastic for the cases.... the list goes on a little finacial management gose a long way
    Not to mention what they saved by not hiring beta testers...

Comment

Not exactly how I remember it...
      There was a period of about 3 months where EF was played intensely between all the players; packed 64 plyr servers while the rest of squatters squeeled it out in the boycott threads. Than when AF began to make root it took over.
      Personally I got my use out of the game as Tabra Quarry was the most played map of some 30 hours on it and not to mention the other maps.

Got my use out of it while all the others were sitting there trying to boycott it because mommy would not hand over the credit card or just didn't want to go out to get a temporary card.

Hell I didn't even touch Vanilla BF2 ever since SF was released and I was busy playing EF/AF the rest of the time. Only recently have I started playing Vanilla BF2 and Karkland again; which is very fun to come back to after 10 months of playing other finished mods.

Comment

listen the guns =ok maps = terrible jets/tanks/skins=ok.... and i think why no one really plays as they should make 2 new armies and a new game thearter , mabye in the jungle mod , or like a city map add-on

Comment

yeah!

Comment

I think the issue is with them making us pay for something that would have been free back in the 1942 days. There was even a rumor that these were original free content intergrated into BF2 and they changed their minds at the last minute.

Oh well. Our loss for those who paid for it and loss for EA for bad blood with the fans. They may have gotten $10 out of me for this but because of it, they wont be getting $50 for 2142. Chew on that for a while EA...

Comment

Originally posted by Cherni_95
              I think EA lost about a half of the people who would buy ef and af becasue people r so use to buying and installing and not having to dowload someothing to dowload something
              Have you heard of STEAM? They moved everything to auto download/update. There is no need to go hunting down patches. You log into the game and you immediately update. They have that down to an art form. The patches they have released lately though, not so much.
              People were very hesitant at first, just like with everything else. People do not react to change well in most any circumstances. However, once they became accustomed to it, they cannot see having the system be any other way.

Comment

Originally posted by Casper
                I think the issue is with them making us pay for something that would have been free back in the 1942 days. There was even a rumor that these were original free content intergrated into BF2 and they changed their minds at the last minute.

Oh well. Our loss for those who paid for it and loss for EA for bad blood with the fans. They may have gotten $10 out of me for this but because of it, they wont be getting $50 for 2142. Chew on that for a while EA...
                The bleeding is just beginning:

Comment

Originally posted by Heavy552(AWG)
                  The guy who posted that article has probably never held a steady job in his life. He sounds like some slacker when he says stuff like "Wow, Sony are complete idiots. Some suit is sitting around going" ; yah ok some suit obviously this guy is just some dork going on his tirade and the ramble about the battery.
                  There is a regular and premium version; you want more content than pay for it. There is just too much hype of the PS3 hating and the thing has not even been released and all the nerds are cheering for the Wii; but when the sales figures comes out I think Sony will be sitting nice but not as well as they might hope.

All the nerds all of a sudden hating Sony to the gut hoping they fail because they tried to pull the rootkit, DRM and had a bad batch of batteries fire which is leading to a recall. Nobody outside the tech forums really gives a crap about the rootkit and other fiascos; it is a nerd issue and will continue to be when places like Slashdot go on the fear-mongering DRM articles as if it is the end of the world for users.

Comment

Originally posted by DANK
                    The guy who posted that article has probably never held a steady job in his life. He sounds like some slacker when he says stuff like "Wow, Sony are complete idiots. Some suit is sitting around going" ; yah ok some suit obviously this guy is just some dork going on his tirade and the ramble about the battery.
                    There is a regular and premium version; you want more content than pay for it. There is just too much hype of the PS3 hating and the thing has not even been released and all the nerds are cheering for the Wii; but when the sales figures comes out I think Sony will be sitting nice but not as well as they might hope.

All the nerds all of a sudden hating Sony to the gut hoping they fail because they tried to pull the rootkit, DRM and had a bad batch of batteries fire which is leading to a recall. Nobody outside the tech forums really gives a crap about the rootkit and other fiascos; it is a nerd issue and will continue to be when places like Slashdot go on the fear-mongering DRM articles as if it is the end of the world for users.
                    This Dork you refer to happens to be a productive member of society and has provided AWG with pretty good finds in the game world from time to time.

I happen to agree with the Dork who thinks we are idiots for paying for content one car or track at a time.

Lucky we aint being charged for heating that SONY chair we sit in.

Comment

Originally posted by tyrant
                      they didn't make a mistake, they saved thousands by not buying cds and paying for paper for a manual, or on ink for the cd's images, plastic for the cases.... the list goes on a little finacial management gose a long way
                      This benefits all of us really, Who really needs all that crap anyway not to mention it's good for the E-Word.

Comment

Working...
                      X