Apache on Leviathan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apache on Leviathan

I've only played 1 round of this map...and my Best Round Score on it is 111. Basically all the happened is that I was gunning for this great pilot...mind you everything is in the dark, but 80% of those points were from capping flags. Just thought I'd share.

Share your SF Helo stories here.

Re: Apache on Leviathan

Its my favorite map with my favorite chopper. The Apache pilot can see much better than the gunner. The rockets have big spash damage. Most of my flight time is on vanilla maps, but my highest scores have been on this map.

Comment

Originally posted by ColdCircuitCash
      I've only played 1 round of this map...and my Best Round Score on it is 111. Basically all the happened is that I was gunning for this great pilot...mind you everything is in the dark, but 80% of those points were from capping flags. Just thought I'd share.

Share your SF Helo stories here.
      Gunners can't cap flags.

Comment

Originally posted by Graphic
        Gunners can't cap flags.
        Maybe he hopped out while the bird circled overhead providing cover; my bro and I do this a lot. I cap the flag and he swoops back in to retrieve me.

Comment

maybe he ment camping flags instead of capping them

Comment

I think he was talking about kill assists. You don't get cap points from the gunner's seat. He probably saw his team points at the end of the round and assumed cap assists, but they were problably the points from all the pilot kills. On vanilla maps, my gunners get most of the points and kills. On Leviathan, I have never been outscored by the gunner. I can see so much better than the gunner and can hit just about anything with the rockets.

Comment

Same here, I made a post back. Yet again a map thats underplayed due to the stereotypical views on night maps.

I played and got 79 points with the Apache. I was in it on my own. But damn I racked like at least 25-30 kills in that round, it owned. Def one of my best rounds I've played.

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal-Souljah
                Same here, I made a post back. Yet again a map thats underplayed due to the stereotypical views on night maps.

I played and got 79 points with the Apache. I was in it on my own. But damn I racked like at least 25-30 kills in that round, it owned. Def one of my best rounds I've played.

Thats because the SF pod rockets rip They are much more effective than the gunners gun. One rocket actually kills a troop; where as, 6 rockets might kill one troop in Vanilla.

Comment

I can't fly for ****e, and I was having my *** handed to me by one of you bastard chopper whores (just kidding, really; it's just a skill I don't possess). We finally caped the Armory and I went about taking out the enemy strategeries while the rest of the squad moved on. The commander kept dropping supply crates to repair them so I kept reloading and hitting them again. I was solo so every time the Apache spawned I'd drop a couple of C4 on it to keep it grounded. This guy jumps in and I hit the switch after he gets airborne taking him and the UAV trailer out at the same time. There is little that is more satisfying than finally get a kill on the guy that's been owning you all round, even it ends up Him 80 - Me 1.

Comment

Is the apache only available on the leviathon level in SF? Also, I would like to practice flying the apache. It doesn't appear to available to fly if I setup a multiplayer map. Any thoughts?

Thank!

Comment

Originally posted by sanzaborn33
                      Is the apache only available on the leviathon level in SF? Also, I would like to practice flying the apache. It doesn't appear to available to fly if I setup a multiplayer map. Any thoughts?

Thank!
                      I'm not sure about the 32 player size maps..

But for 64 size, the following maps have the Apache:

Ghost Town (only if you capture either the Upper North / South Side CP)
                      Iron Gator (on the LHD)
                      Leviathan (at the Armory CP)

The only place you'll be able to practice with the AH-64 in daylight on an empty server is on Iron Gator.

Comment

10-4. Thanks zone36 for the info! I'm off to Iron Gator...

Comment

I have never stopped to notice, but does the Apache have lights on it?

Comment

Working...
                          X