Karkand 2, the revenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Karkand 2, the revenge

I was wondering about this few days ago ..

Imagine Karkand (only 64) with the helicopters and leave the uncrossable area where computer automatically kills you.

Would be very amazing to engage a duel on the air and there will be another pass to cross the bridge between the 2 outposts.

What do you think?

Re: Karkand 2, the revenge

I'd say main combat would be closed off, everyone would be in the same general area = rape = massive scores for choper gunner = whiners

Comment

Originally posted by Leeham
      I'd say main combat would be closed off, everyone would be in the same general area = rape = massive scores for choper gunner = whiners
      If this will be the end so why sharqui peninsula is a good map?
      I don't think that there will be rape or something like that because the USMC safe base (and i'll put the helypad there) is far from the hotel (1st outpost for MEC)..

Also I don't think all players are whore ..

Comment

Originally posted by Elbryan
        I don't think that there will be rape or something like that because the USMC safe base (and i'll put the helypad there) is far from the hotel (1st outpost for MEC)..

Sharqi is more open than Karkand, Karkand has closer combat because of the consistant street layout.

There would always still be players who do whore and ruin it for everyone else, if someone made a mod map I'd happily play it and see if I'm right or wrong.

Comment

Peninsula has lots of jeeps, stingers, etc. A little bird with mini's and MEC clone would be much better.. because yes, heli's can be a bit too much even on sharqi.

Comment

sounds like a fun idea, but its so open that choppers would get gunned down extremely easily

Comment

Originally posted by mwillin0000
              sounds like a fun idea, but its so open that choppers would get gunned down extremely easily
              right .. obviously .. chopper = AA on the map .. it's obvious..

Maybe one on the plaza (market .. ehm .. the outpost before the hotel in the mec, damn italian outpost's name), another one near the lodge and another right on the farm..

I think that would be harder to play because imagine when you are on the bridge between the railway accident and the lodge..
              You can destroy the bridge and others have 1 way .. the river .. (or swim in that crap).

There will be a chopper over your head that go to take the suburb and this will enhance the overall experience (like EA says)

Comment

Sounds fun, but there would definitely need to be several AA emplacements (think Sharqi) so that helicopters didn't rule the whole map. Then again the map is so small that it'd be like Warlord where the helos get shot down all the way on the other side of the map from AA. It'd be hard to have a good balance, but I'd give such a map a shot.

Comment

I was wondering about this few days ago ..

Imagine Karkand (only 64) with the helicopters and leave the uncrossable area where computer automatically kills you.

Would be very amazing to engage a duel on the air and there will be another pass to cross the bridge between the 2 outposts.

What do you think?
                  What if as soon as you flew into the red zone, your computer crashed to desktop? Wait...It already does that regarless of your location on any map...

Comment

there has been a mod out for about a year which allows helis on karkand - cant remeber what its called but it is really good - do a search on http://battlefield2.filefront.com/

Comment

In BF2Sandbox you can spawn F-35B's and Cobras in any of the 6 or so maps, and karkand is one of them.

Let me tell you.. air vehicles would NOT work on that map.. lmao. Once you get past ~75 feet you can't see anything. Only fog.

You fly across the map with the F-35B in about 5 seconds, or if you go up to 850 ft and use afterburner, you can go around it (yes, all the way around..) in like 5 seconds.

Comment

it a big download 555mb but there is karkand 64 with helo's and attack helo's if you want to see how stupid it is for youreself give it a try,karkand will be called karkandvsixty or somthing.

i did use it for my coop server but found a better set of maps that were like to originals so i stoped using the one i posted a link too.

Comment

imagine how cool Karkand would be if some of the buildings were open like the ones on Mashtuur... and you could go inside... real urban warfare type stuff... I always liked that about MOH that you could enter the buildings...

Comment

Originally posted by Leeham
                            Sharqi is more open than Karkand, Karkand has closer combat because of the consistant street layout.

There would always still be players who do whore and ruin it for everyone else, if someone made a mod map I'd happily play it and see if I'm right or wrong.
                            Sharqi and Karkand are like apples and oranges. Sharqi has great elevation changes and it is more more dynamic then Karkand. I won't even get into the scenery.

On the side though, I think it would be cool to have Karkand Day 1 and Karkand Day 2 like DC had with No Fly Zone.

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick2201
                              imagine how cool Karkand would be if some of the buildings were open like the ones on Mashtuur... and you could go inside... real urban warfare type stuff... I always liked that about MOH that you could enter the buildings...
                              It'd be like Warlord...

Comment

Working...
                              X