Gun accuracy on jets.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gun accuracy on jets.

I noticed last night while flying the f18 that when using the guns they seem to be off target.
    Has anyone ever done this http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87355 with any of the vehicles in game?

Re: Gun accuracy on jets.

I dont find the F-18 off target, especially when hitting ground targets. The gun is so powerful that u only need to hit near it. I think u may have been twisting and turning to much. Its only dead accurate if your flying in a perfect straight line.

Comment

I noticed it when flying dead on a target, the tracers seem to be hitting to the right and short of the reticle. I`m at work so I don`t have a screenshot to show what i mean.

Comment

By the time the bullets have hit the ground target, your jet has also moved relative from where it was at the time the bullets left the gun, so it creates the impression that the gun is off.

God and I used to hate physics at school ! lol !

Comment

funny you ask that,i was thinking of making another thread like the one i made with the weapons(whitch you linked)

for tanks,apc,and planes and helo's

from testing i can tell you this(sorry no screenshots yet)

all planes are a tad to the right when using mg gun,fact!!!!

tanks are the same and apc.

helos are dead on.

.50 cal mounted guns on jeeps are a tad to the right but only a small amount.

hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by blade.verzilli TF
            funny you ask that,i was thinking of making another thread like the one i made with the weapons(whitch you linked)

for tanks,apc,and planes and helo's

from testing i can tell you this(sorry no screenshots yet)

all planes are a tad to the right when using mg gun,fact!!!!

tanks are the same and apc.

helos are dead on.

.50 cal mounted guns on jeeps are a tad to the right but only a small amount.

hope this helps.
            YAY it wasn`t just the beer.

Comment

Originally posted by Cap`N Hagen
              YAY it wasn`t just the beer.
              lol nope you 1st thoughts were correct.

here how i decided to test the tanks,planes ect.......

i was doing some testing in my coop server with custom maps with a freind against 40 bots(total charnage)

i was in a tank with me buddy and the bots like to fire tows at you,im aaorund 80-100m away in my tank so i decide to blast the tow,

using the centre of the tanks crosshair i fire and it just kept missing so i tested it with the vurtual crosshair to make sure and low and behold it was off to the right,compensate for this i was hitting tow's easy with 1 shot,i then decided to test apc,planes and helo's on wake and fushee 64 size .

thats when i discoverd the planes mg sight was off also.

Comment

Originally posted by blade.verzilli TF
                lol nope you 1st thoughts were correct.

here how i decided to test the tanks,planes ect.......

i was doing some testing in my coop server with custom maps with a freind against 40 bots(total charnage)

i was in a tank with me buddy and the bots like to fire tows at you,im aaorund 80-100m away in my tank so i decide to blast the tow,

using the centre of the tanks crosshair i fire and it just kept missing so i tested it with the vurtual crosshair to make sure and low and behold it was off to the right,compensate for this i was hitting tow's easy with 1 shot,i then decided to test apc,planes and helo's on wake and fushee 64 size .

thats when i discoverd the planes mg sight was off also.
                Thanks for the replies blade.verzilli, I can`t wait to see your finished product.

Comment

The JSF is not off center..

I know what you are talking about with everything being to the right or whatever, cause at my other house I used to have a tiny highlighter mark for shooting SRAW/ERYX and I also noticed how everything was a little off center.

The JSF is not though. I don't know about the other jets, but the JSF (F-35B) aims straight.. and if i'm not mistaken, the F-18's gun is mounted in the SAME spot (right in front of the cockpit on the nose, dead-center).

If you imagine the Jet reticule, don't aim with the little circle.. it's slightly under it.

I can't explain it.

Comment

Originally posted by metallicaguitrst
                    The JSF is not off center..

I know what you are talking about with everything being to the right or whatever, cause at my other house I used to have a tiny highlighter mark for shooting SRAW/ERYX and I also noticed how everything was a little off center.

The JSF is not though. I don't know about the other jets, but the JSF (F-35B) aims straight.. and if i'm not mistaken, the F-18's gun is mounted in the SAME spot (right in front of the cockpit on the nose, dead-center).

If you imagine the Jet reticule, don't aim with the little circle.. it's slightly under it.

I can't explain it.
                    i know what u mean with the little circle , i havent had chance to test the f35b yet,and i think i got the f15 mixed up with the f-18

f15 is the bomber i think,gona test the fighter(f-18?) l8r going to try and get a post up 2morrow if i have time.

thanks for pointing out the similarities between the 2 usmc jets,ill look in to it,and try and get some good pics of them.

Comment

Here is how it works for me.

If I am on or near a fixed AA gun. The first bullet out of the plane making a strafing run kills me.

If I'm in the plane I can almost overheat the gun and not hit the guy sitting in the fixed AA site.

Works the same way for jeeps too.

Comment

Originally posted by lynxlyran
                        Here is how it works for me.

If I am on or near a fixed AA gun. The first bullet out of the plane making a strafing run kills me.

If I'm in the plane I can almost overheat the gun and not hit the guy sitting in the fixed AA site.

Works the same way for jeeps too.
                        You can overheat a jet's MG? Your l33t

Comment

Working...
                        X