Problems with multiple playing off same IP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with multiple playing off same IP

I have a few friends round and we was playing a pretty good squad game on 1.12, we then realised that we were all out of date and upgraded the game to 1.3. Now we can't join the same server as the other 3 suddenly have "there is a problem with your connection"

Is this something to do with the 1.3 patch?

We have 4 cd keys and 4 accounts, yet we can't join the same server. I am just looking for an explaination. Does anyone know the problem?

Re: Problems with multiple playing off same IP

Have you tried upgrading your router's firmware?

Comment

No, but my router works fine with all other games and as i said above we was rocking along nicely to v1.12.

Someone told me to all uninstall then reinstall with full 1.3 patch. Would that work?

Comment

My brother and I have had no problems playing through the same cable modem (with D-Link router) on patch 1.3. Could be something to do with your router or firewall config. 1.3 patch seems to have increased the connection problems (and server crashes which give the same message) even for individual players. Maybe the patch increased the games bandwidth usage so it can't handle 4 connections on your internet connection any more.

Originally posted by Perad
        Someone told me to all uninstall then reinstall with full 1.3 patch. Would that work?
        A complete reinstall (using only full patch, not incrementals) is always good to try; many people's inexplicable problems have been solved that way.

Comment

yeah, we have also tried 2 players and we have the same problem.. I don't know how to upgrade firmware. Tomorrow i will clear all temp folders, reinstall bat, put on 1.3 full isntead of the dodgy incrementals that we used. If that doesn't work I will check out the firmware.

Comment

dude.. your sol.. it's the 1.3 patch.. either go back to 1.12 or play 1.22 which there are some servers or wait till 1.4. I've tried for months to get this to work right and i work for the cable company and have 10mb service and there's no way in hell i would need 5mb a piece for the 2 comptuers i have but when i play on one computer.. the other one joins and we both lose connection to the server .. sometimes 10 seconds in sometimes 20 minutes in.. I've tried 3 different routers.. 2 different modems.. each computer on it's own modem, ports opened,,dmz whatever you can throw at me i've tried it.. I build computers and work on them constantly and ran my own cable lines and consider myself an expert or at least advanced in this whole situation and nothing works except the 1.22 patch. I highly advise going back to that as it's the only thing that will work besides ripping your hair out and throwing the game in the trash..... good luck.. p.s.. firmware will do nothing for you..

Comment

Working...
            X