Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing with bots on a standalone linux server

Hey people!

I have a standalone unranked linux server that ~8 of my friends (including myself) will play on from time to time without any problems. I have been trying to set the server up so that it will allow, say 1 of my buddies and I to play on 32 player maps with Bots. No matter what settings I adjust on the server before running the bf2 program, I can't seem to get Bots to play with us (or even show up for that matter).

Anyone know if this is possible with the latest available bf2 linux server and if so, any idea on how to setup the server to play with Bots?

TY

Re: Playing with bots on a standalone linux server

What gamemode are you running? You can't get bots in conquest mode (gpm_cq), only in co-op (gpm_coop) or SP modes.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I think that I have been putting "gpm_cq" and then the level size after the end of all my levels, so I would imagine my problem is right there.

So, when in the level setup page, I should just enter in the maps I want to be able to play and then "gpm_coop 32", for example?

It appears that I can't get anything bigger than 16 player maps to work with bots on my unranked server. Does this sound right to you guys?

Comment

Originally posted by sanzaborn33
        So, when in the level setup page, I should just enter in the maps I want to be able to play and then "gpm_coop 32", for example?

It appears that I can't get anything bigger than 16 player maps to work with bots on my unranked server. Does this sound right to you guys?
        In vanilla BF2, only the 16-player map sizes are available for SP/co-op. There are modded maps available the allow larger sizes. See http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85853 and the BFSP site: http://battlefieldsingleplayer.plane...ld.gamespy.com .

Comment

Working...
        X