SVD Dragunov

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SVD Dragunov

Thanks to that picture from this thread, the SVD is now my preferred sniper rifle. Once you get the feel of the sweet spot it's much more useful than the bolt sniper rifles. Headshot after headshot after headshot, in rapid succession. If you have a clear view of a spawn (the building spawn at the Convoy on Ghost Town looking at it from the very tall building by the water, or on one of the many buildings in Mashtuur) it's going to be absolutely devastating.

Because of the 10 round clip and it's semi auto capability, if you just nick random enemies you see running around (if you don't have the time to set up a headshot) you're going to get tons of kill damage assists. You're also not as helpless in close quarters.

It's a beast and I urge you to look at that thread and practice with it. Once you get it down you will rule urban maps. Extremely underrated weapon. And at this point I hope they don't fix the reticule so this can stay a relative secret amongst us

Re: SVD Dragunov

Best sniper in the game simply awesome and like you said its accurate only if you know how to aim with it .

Comment

hehe im glad u like my thread had a lot of veiws but not many reply's

but im glad you found it useful.

agreed once you find the sweet spot on the svd you can get a lot more headshots,and some pretty good score's

havent tryed the SF map you mentiond myself with the svd but i think i will give it a blast later,thanks for the tip.

Comment

i dont like it cuz of its recoil and i just stink with it, but ill give it another go after seeing that thread

Comment

I prefer the Chinese version due to its ultra-fine crosshair. Each to their own I suppose.

Comment

It's a really great rifle in fact. I like the SVD for a little bit closer range battles -- and even close range. I once took out two guys with an SVD who just ran around the corner. Aimed for the chest and recoil took me to the head!

Comment

i prefer the chinese sniper becuse of the scope.. much equal to the svd

Comment

Type88 has better crosshairs

but I'll use SVD/M95 if I'm going for mid range shots

Comment

I like SVD because it can be used as assault rifle too

Comment

the L691A is simply the best rifle in the game, but everyones to there own.

Comment

The SVD and Type88 are excellent rifles that are very underrated. I use them when I'm playing a "sharpshooter/assault" type role. I'll assault or defend a flag with my squad, but stay back just a little to provide covering fire and take out any stragglers.

Very useful guns for the sniper who wants to take flags.

Comment

Originally posted by RepT|LE
                        the L691A is simply the best rifle in the game, but everyones to there own.
                        L96A1, and it's exactly the same as the M24 in every way.

Comment

Originally posted by Graphic
                          Except for the name!

Oh, and the crosshairs, and the skin, and the sound.

So, it's the same in every way except for 4

Comment

Originally posted by Graphic
                            cept for scope, and sound, and its availible to all armies.

using the SVD i found alot easier after veiwing the thread, its great for taking out 2-3 guys with HS, simply because you don't have to wait for the bolt action.

another weapon i'v fallen in love with since seeign that thread is the MG36, no i know to aim aobve them the shots just land on the chest and head. today on warlord i managed to nail 4 guys running down the second floor corridor in the palace with it.

that thread has helped loads.

Comment

Originally posted by scknight
                              Except for the name!

Oh, and the crosshairs, and the skin, and the sound.

So, it's the same in every way except for 4
                              and lets not forget that the better crosshairs make the L96A1 potentially better... along with a faster bolt/reload sequence than the M24

Comment

Working...
                              X