Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BF2142 and the pre-order demo beta downloader nightmare mess...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2142 and the pre-order demo beta downloader nightmare mess...

What the hell?

If I preorder from EBGames I get an unlock...or something.

If I preorder from IGN I get something else (same as EBGames?)

If I pay for a fileplanet subscription I get in the beta...early...

If I wait, I can get in the beta...later...

If I wait longer I could get the demo whenever they release it...

If I preorder from the EA Downloader I get the demo, a day early...

and if I enroll on their website as a BF2 veteran I get a rank and an unlock.

Am I the only one flabbergasted by all the pre-launch options and hype? If there's a way in existence to talk about 2142 they have thought of it.

All this reward/incentive to existing customers/people who already gave them money is a little bit excessive.

Why not hype the game to people who HAVENT given them money to convince them that buying 2142 would be a good idea.

They seem to be enthralled with the idea of giving hand-jobs to their existing customers so much that the average person who never played a BF game could feel left out... let alone utterly confused by all the options and incentives.

if they add another wrinkle to this release I think it will be the most over-hyped floppish release ever.

I like the idea of 2142... but damn guys... simplify the process for heaven's sake. PLEASE!

Re: BF2142 and the pre-order demo beta downloader nightmare mess...

yeah it is a bit much. i seem to remeber when you preorderd BF2 you recieved.....well BF2 LOL

Comment

Pre-order from Gameplay and you get a version of a weapon (SCAR 11) that no-one else can ever unlock:

GAME.co.uk is the UK's leading games retailer with great deals on video games, consoles, accessories and the latest pre-order games.

Whoever you buy it from, you'll still get the in-game ads :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Sharp
        Pre-order from Gameplay and you get a version of a weapon (SCAR 11) that no-one else can ever unlock:

http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/webstore/...ctcode=RM02857
        all it is is a new model and sound file for it, so it doesn't really matter. I'd rather order it from EB games and get the extra unlock.

Comment

They don't need to convince someone who hasn't played BF2 before to buy 2142 because the ads will do that. they need to lure you in again because they know you wouldn't get the game otherwise. giveing away a free rank doesnt cost them a penny but it insures that the mindless masses who play BF2 will buy 2142, people arnt smart enough these days to see whats right in there face.

Comment

Working...
          X