Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear Santa...... (a mild rant)

Its me again, Jerry.
    I know its not christmas by far, but i just want to let you know something.

Like last year, i've been a sweet boy this year, and therefore i KNOW you will bring me a present at christmas.
    Its funny to see how the world turns, as i was in extacy when you brought me Battlefield 2 last year.

i really appreceated that gift santa, i really did!
    But after i played the game for a while, the game you gave me was BROKEN!

Now, my mom already told me that you only GIVE the presents and not make them, so i would like you to listen to what i have to say.
    im sure im not the only one that had Battlefield 2 for christmas ( i know you get a discount! ) and share this grievance.

i know normally i write you a letter in december, but by then, you maybe have your polar-distribution center full with new games.
    and to prevent you from making the same mistake twice, i send you this letter today.

For a year now, gamers can enjoy Battlefield 2 - the long awaited sequel to BF1942 and BFV.
    although, the 'enjoying' has turned in a game of frustration and endless patience.
    Ofcourse, v1 of battlefield needed some fixes, but its September now, and

all gamers have been waiting for patch 1.4 while they get ZERO information from EA-DICE
    Fantastic promises, even some fixes were announced.

So Santa, the reality is that we dont have **** to play with!! (excuse my language)

It begun around 20 may, Patch 1.3
    From that day on, the BF2 community has been left in the dark.

More communication between the community and EA, regarding patches-changes.
    More public information regarding issues of the patch

Well, EA has a masterdegree in non-information. besides the 2142HYPE that everybody needs to jump on. (according to EA)
    How much does EA actually know about US, the gamer?
    In my opinion, not much. they see us as the source of income. Dispite the 1.3 disaster, it seems they never learn.

How long can you leave a gamer waiting for its fix? - 1 month? maybe 2?
    and then.... the Ranked server Providers that proudly host a Battlefield2 ranked server, complete with map exploits and the usual servercrashes.And even have to bill their customers for it!

So seriously, how long can a gamer wait? - till christmas??

The information released by EAUK, is never concrete. you can never count on it that it happens.
    Two beta-patches, and 1 day before release, they find a critical bug, and delay the release again....
    and then whats worrying me even more, is that there are really disturbing rumours on the 1.4 patch.....
    Supposively, the Patch 1.4 was already ready for release, but the release was delayed, due to the Games Convention.
    This information, was given to me by a very trustworthy source, not just some forum n00b.

Now, 4 months of waiting on a Patch, in the mean time :
    i´ve been on vacation for 4 weeks, my pet got puppies, i bought 4 or more other games.
    hell, even a complete war ( lebanon ) passed us, and still EA/DICE delay a patch without any substantial information.

My last post on TotalBF2, titled 'The day that BF2 died' got closed, and i had quite some problems with EA/DICE internals on that topic.
    Dice people just blocked me on msn, because i quote their employees, from a public irc channel/website.
    Unfortunatly, everybody focussed on the 'Quote' instead of the moral of the story.

While DICE/EA is stuffing 2142 in our throats, for profit, they forget the community, that made the bf1942 game so popular.
    they somehow forget, that the success of the battlefield francise, is NOT the bf1942 game. - it was the community around it.

Almost 4 months and, we are STILL waiting for a patch.
    in these for months, i had plenty of time, to look around on new and interesting games, and made my choice.....

My next 'main' game is NOT one from EA. i've learned from the expirience i've been thru.
    with the summer behind us, and winter and holidays on the doorstep, i'm making a fresh start for my gaming-addiction.

i like to take this oppertunity to ask you 1 favor this christmas,

Please Santa,
    DONT bring me BF2142, i couldnt cope with another year like this....
    the game 'Twister' will do just fine!

Re: Dear Santa......

..there's no such thing as Santa..

Guys, put a little more thought into your rants (like this one) and they won't get closed

Comment

Re: Dear Santa...... (a mild rant)

hahahahaha classic

Comment

I may not be santa, but I do have a solution to your problem, and it's called POE2. I was satisified with BF2 and only downloaded POE2 because of the amount of attention it was receiving. I love the maps on POE2 (apart from rolling thunder and oren). Weapons? They're the way they should've been done on BF2. Armor is much more realistic and teamwork is essential to victory. No UAV and Instadeath by artillery. It's a much more fun experience and I was surprised by the quality of the maps. Trust me, you have to try this game. I for one will probably never play BF2 again. (and no, I'm not advocating POE2 on anyone's behalf, it's just my personal opinion).

Comment

I'd say stop whining...and just play the f***ing game and enjoy it.

Comment

Maybe EA has bought Santa too, that way no children will get any presents this year

Comment

Re: Dear Santa......

Originally posted by Talus
              ..there's no such thing as Santa..

Guys, put a little more thought into your rants (like this one) and they won't get closed
              Dont lie to me there is a Santa i just know there is :cry: :laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by Stijlloos
                I'd say stop whining...and just play the f***ing game and enjoy it.
                He can't - and that's the point. I haven't even tried to play (except for once last night) for over a month because of crashing issues and in-game stuttering.

Comment

Seriously, if the game causes you this much agony, wouldn't it be best to leave it alone and do something else? Theres no need to write long as posts about how a game ruined your christmas, or how its ruined your life, just don't play it. Whats so hard about that, damn

Comment

hell, even a complete war ( lebanon ) passed us, and still EA/DICE delay a patch without any substantial information.
                    Funny as hell haha.

Good work, we need more intelligent rants like this rather than the usual...EA-is-teh-suck crap.

Comment

Rants are sure getting more intelligent than ever before.

Isn't Santa like some god of some sort of religion?

Comment

Lol, I think so. It's a shame god is handing us bugged games though...

Comment

Well as long as you have Santa`s ear, Jerry. I have a few things I could get you to pass on to him. Seems he`s blocked me from his msn.

Comment

santa has secret technology. robotic deers lol!

there is no santa.. he was sent to hell when he died in a 'flying accident'.

Comment

Originally posted by glcm1961
                              I may not be santa, but I do have a solution to your problem, and it's called POE2.
                              POE doesnt solve doesnt solve : the Crashes Client/serverside. the ranked maps-with glitches, the various improvements based on the irritation of 1.3 and before.

i personally think poe did a great job on the content, maybe even better than the last expansion packs i've seen.

Originally posted by GeoffRowley
                              Seriously, if the game causes you this much agony, wouldn't it be best to leave it alone and do something else? Theres no need to write long as posts about how a game ruined your christmas, or how its ruined your life, just don't play it. Whats so hard about that, damn
                              As a BF2 gamer since day one. i played the game. thats roughly a year ago.
                              Now, the patch 1.3 release thats almost roughly half ago and with the critical bugs in 1.3, dont you think its a bit long?

if my 40 euro's that i spend on a game only lasts 3 months, and turns into some 'Surprise' bug - BF2 Boardgame, Community vs Publisher, where the 'DICE' is not being thrown too often....

but hey, as long as there are people having faith in BF2, im CONFIDENT Santa Claus exists....

And Santa - if you read this - i want you as guest on my Talkshow!

Comment

Working...
                              X