Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So you guys like Fallen? Wow. What are you smoking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: So you guys like Fallen? Wow. What are you smoking?

Originally posted by Revoluti0n
    It's an infanrty map. If you enjoy vehicles more then obviously it is not the best map to play. It's not really one dimensional as you put it. The thing about that map is that you never really know where you are going to get shot from so you have to pay attention.
    I don't see why such a simple concept would create so much confusion for you. It's hard for beginners to get to an aircraft or armor in the 1st place. They always end up getting teamkilled for a jet or chopper so they end up ground pounding. In TWL matches for the mnost part your ground skills can make the difference in whether you win or lose a match. There is nothing weak about it, it's just not for you.
    So, let me just simplify the point of your post

You think that I must dislike Fallen, not because the map has design faults, but rather because I'm not an "infantry guy", don't enjoy infantry battles and am thusly disqualified from offering a credible opinion on a map's design.

Seriously?

Did you miss the part in the original post where I encourage people to look at my regular BF2 stats for proof of my love for infantry? Look at my infantry performance, time played, and map preferences. And since you are having reading comprehension issues today, I'll even post some highlights:

Total time played: 870
    Time using armor, jets, or helicopters: 106

K/D total across all infantry kits: 2.23
    Overall infantry accuracy: 28%

You can read more here: http://bf2s.com/player/45527784/

Point being, I'm as qualified as anyone to give a review of this map. Trying to defend the map's poor design by telling me that I'm not the right kind of player for it doesn't help your case at all.

It's a spiffy little novelty map, but the degree to which you (and others) love it is still bewildering given its shallow gameplay. But like I said, maybe that's why you like it.

Comment

Who gives a **** about your stats. How about YOU state the design flaws. If your posing an argument you should give your side before you ask for everyone elses. In your post you said it takes the stuff away that makes BF what it is. WHAT? Fun? Because the BF to me has always been fun, and for me its FUN to have a change every now and then. Using the craters and stumps as cover when I spin 180 to find the squad that's firing at me brings excitment and FUN. Sure I like other maps, in my opinion Sunrise is the best. Oh you can chek teh statz I r the Oman playar.

Comment

Fallen gets a bit annoying IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Forest
          Who gives a **** about your stats. How about YOU state the design flaws. If your posing an argument you should give your side before you ask for everyone elses. In your post you said it takes the stuff away that makes BF what it is. WHAT? Fun? Because the BF to me has always been fun, and for me its FUN to have a change every now and then. Using the craters and stumps as cover when I spin 180 to find the squad that's firing at me brings excitment and FUN. Sure I like other maps, in my opinion Sunrise is the best. Oh you can chek teh statz I r the Oman playar.
          :laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by FBmantis
            Try the TacticalGamer.com POE server. I doubt you'll find another POE server with a larger quantity of teamwork.(especially during US prime time which is when the majority of the community is on) Some of the main server rules posting in the loading screen should clue you in right away that the server will have some nice teamwork.

Fallen in particular is pretty fun because the squads will usually spread out to try capture bleed and they are all 6 man squads with all players in that squad working together.
            Sounds cool
            I will check it out

Comment

What's great about the map is it's simplicity and "level" playing field. You have a rolling forrest with lots of cover and a few flags. The enemy can come from practically any where so you must stay on your toes. There is nothing the other team has that you don't so victory should be based on skill and teamwork.

It's a balanced map where no team has the advantage by were they spawn or what fire power they can bring to the fight. BF 2 can get old fast if there is too much imbalance in your game (Tank fighting infantry more than other tanks). This can't happen in a map like this.

The atmosphere goes a long way for me and brings me back to my days of playing RS6: RavenShield. I like the BF series for the diversity of what you can do, but from time to time, a simple infantry only map is a breath of fresh air.

Comment

Originally posted by ||bfa||variable
                :laugh:
                well played

Comment

best friggin PoE map for me... No tanks, no air vehicles.. infantry combat FTW

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. GMEM
                    best friggin PoE map for me... No tanks, no air vehicles.. infantry combat FTW
                    It's pretty good
                    it's just the players suck

Comment

well i luv it

Comment

I love Fallen. I just prefer the range of engagement that Fallen offers. Most battles occur at medium range and it really encourages use of cover and tactical movement by your squad to get the job done. In fact, I have found that snipers are basically useless on that map. Too much cover for everyone else as well. While they are well covered, there is just so little to cover your flanks that they become knifebait. This is especially prevalent for the lone wolfers. I've picked up a great string of knife kills on snipers who don't roll with a squad. Sucks to be them. Every round I have played on TG has seen a very broad range of kit selection. The shotguns are especially deadly with their one-shot kills even at medium range. I also like the atmosphere and sounds. The water and woodpeckers are especially well done.

We usually have a good CO directing our attacks, so you don't run around all over the place. Squads advance to their given positions and bunker down in anticipation of the enemy. Lots of flanking and shifting of the battlefront to get bleed etc.

The map is pretty basic and linear, but like anything, it only gets old if you play it all the time. Karkand is a great map too, it's just ruined on ranked servers because people use the Hotel to farm points. Every map is enjoyable when squads are cohesive and soldiers follow the chain of command to achieve a common objective.

So far, I really like all of the PoE2 maps. First Snow and Guardian maybe a bit less so, but they all range from good to great in my opinion.

Comment

Total time played: 870
                          Time using armor, jets, or helicopters: 106

K/D total across all infantry kits: 2.23
                          Overall infantry accuracy: 28%

You can read more here: http://bf2s.com/player/45527784/

Point being, I'm as qualified as anyone to give a review of this map. Trying to defend the map's poor design by telling me that I'm not the right kind of player for it doesn't help your case at all.

It's a spiffy little novelty map, but the degree to which you (and others) love it is still bewildering given its shallow gameplay. But like I said, maybe that's why you like it.
                          you sir, are a fool.

first of all you start a thread insinuating that if you like fallen you are somehow "high" or "stupid".

Then you say you have a right to your opinion. WTF are you smoking m8? There is a difference between sharing your opinion openly and blatantly preaching down to everyone.

Yes you are entitled to your opinion - but tht sure as hell doesn't give you the right to say that others who don't share your closed minded view are somehow under the influence or unable to form a non drug induced opinion.

Then you go and post your stats as if to validate yourself - im not going to even begin to say how tardish that is (stats mean sweet f all).

Your posting of this thread is so close to trolling its not funny. seriously m8 - think twice before you start typing in future.

Comment

Originally posted by jimbob
                            you sir, are a fool.

first of all you start a thread insinuating that if you like fallen you are somehow "high" or "stupid".

Then you say you have a right to your opinion. WTF are you smoking m8? There is a difference between sharing your opinion openly and blatantly preaching down to everyone.

Yes you are entitled to your opinion - but tht sure as hell doesn't give you the right to say that others who don't share your closed minded view are somehow under the influence or unable to form a non drug induced opinion.

Then you go and post your stats as if to validate yourself - im not going to even begin to say how tardish that is (stats mean sweet f all).

Your posting of this thread is so close to trolling its not funny. seriously m8 - think twice before you start typing in future.
                            Oh I'm sorry, did the whimsical manner in which I approached this issue offend your drug-free sensibilities? Have you never heard the expression, "what are you smoking?"

And again, the stats were there because someone implied that I wasn't an "infantry guy" - which I am.

Reading > You

Kudos to the 3 people (out of how many replies?) who have actually posted legitimate reasons that they enjoy this map. The rest of you, well, maybe your sophomore debate classes next year will help you form relevant replies in the future.

Comment

Thats what I had in mind. Why do people love Fallen ? All it is people camping inside grass shooting others. You start shooting at them they dive in the grass and shoot back at you. Without know where the enemy is anymore or who is shooting you. I think it is a boring map in my opinion. Every round they do the same thing. Also, about moving in teams I played Fallen quite a lot and no one moved as a team.

Comment

Oh I'm sorry, did the whimsical manner in which I approached this issue offend your drug-free sensibilities? Have you never heard the expression, "what are you smoking?"

And again, the stats were there because someone implied that I wasn't an "infantry guy" - which I am.

Reading > You

Kudos to the 3 people (out of how many replies?) who have actually posted legitimate reasons that they enjoy this map. The rest of you, well, maybe your sophomore debate classes next year will help you form relevant replies in the future.

And the crowd goes wild as ||bfa||vulnerable performs another perfectly executed "Lame Call" manuevuer. Bravo! :laugh:

here you go.

Comment

Working...
                                X