Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So you guys like Fallen? Wow. What are you smoking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So you guys like Fallen? Wow. What are you smoking?

Why in the world do people like Fallen?

It's a flat map with some vegetation. Wee! Let's all run around and snipe each other over and over and over. It's like paintball without the joy of being outdoors and exercising, and it removes all of the stuff that makes the Battlefield games (and even POE) what they are.

I love infantry (just look at my regular BF2 stats), but seriously - that map sucks. It's awful in all of the same ways that the BF2 infantry-only mode is awful.

Can someone make a case for Fallen?

Re: So you guys like Fallen? Wow. What are you smoking?

I hate fallen too, it sucks big time. I dont actually like PoE2 i prefer vanilla so i dont play PoE2 anymore. I have played on fallen quite a few times and its easily the most boring map there is.

Comment

Due to the higher accuracy of the rifles in POE, the moment you see someone through the mist on Fallen you can engage him with a regular rifle. Going sniper won't give any benefit and the few times I've played the map most people seemed to use other kits.

Comment

I like it because it's one of those maps where everyone moves as a team. Your entire side moves in waves, and when the other team does the same thing, there are some great gun battles. You're not all scattered around by helicopters, tanks, jets, etc.

Comment

personnaly i really loved its my favorited so far in POE the map Orel is also a good infanterie map in 16 players it not really a battlefield map whith vehicules but it change the game, in fallen the game become like a OFP so you must advance carefully and force teamplay , its verry realist change of the rambo style in Bf² vanilla; thats why i loved, the pleasure of been hiden in the grass and see the oponements pass just near and whatch her to been engaged in fight and take it by the back its fantastic

Comment

Why don't you guys like Fallen? It's a great map, but most servers that host it, have idiots on it. I mean, On every server there are idiots who don't know how to spacte up and get two flags at a time! Eveyone usually stands in a big blob and go from one flag and then still on that flag from like 3 minutes. I usully go running for the another flag when the flag is capped, but I sence to be THE ONLY one! Ok, now I see that there is like 0 teamwork; Fallen sucks
            I like to play it, it's a great looking map, but I can't stand all the idiots who can't go for more then 1 flag at a time. SO, review, Love playing it, hate the idiots who have a handicap about getting two flags at a time and don't know how to use Teamwork

Comment

Originally posted by Eye_of_god
              I like to play it, it's a great looking map, but I can't all the idiots who can't go for more then 1 flag at a time. SO, review, Love playing it, hate the idiots WHO play on it.
              It's a big flat space with lots of underbrush and some trees. I consider it the weakest, most single dimensional map in the mod and I'm completely confused about why so many people love it.

My only theory is that it combines the simplicity of Counter-Strike with the linear nature of Quake deathmatch, and thusly, appeals to the mouth-breathing masses.

Comment

Originally posted by ||bfa||variable
                It's a big flat space with lots of underbrush and some trees. I consider it the weakest, most single dimensional map in the mod and I'm completely confused about why so many people love it.

My only theory is that it combines the simplicity of Counter-Strike with the linear nature of Quake deathmatch, and thusly, appeals to the mouth-breathing masses.
                I hontly don't mind the tree and bushes and rocks and water, it's the players and the snipers on the map. It's the worst sniping map, there is no hills and you can't get on the houses and snip. The teamwork is no there. Also, thing about the teamwork is that everyone will usually stand on the outsides ofthe flags when being shot at and stand where they are, usually someone runs into the flag and TRYS to help cap it (That someone is usually me) and I usually get killed and also, There is no point there is a commander on map. All you get from him is a suppy drop. Most Useless commnder in any map

Comment

I think Fallen comes as a nice change of pace and tactics after playing a few rounds of the other maps. I don't like it lonewolf, but when Im in a squad with buds we ussually pull of some good tactics, then hillarity insues and we all die. I think the novelty will wear off and it will find its place in POE, but for now its just unique.

Comment

Originally posted by Master Shake
                    I think Fallen comes as a nice change of pace and tactics after playing a few rounds of the other maps. I don't like it lonewolf, but when Im in a squad with buds we ussually pull of some good tactics, then hillarity insues and we all die. I think the novelty will wear off and it will find its place in POE, but for now its just unique.
                    What tactics? There is no tactics, because no one knows how to play the damn map!

Comment

What tactics? There is no tactics, because no one knows how to play the damn map!
                      Come one are you serious? "what tactics?" ugh...example: moving in 2 squads of 3-4 people in triangular paterns to cap flags and flank any contacts, defending flags with 1 or 2 squads setting up a perimeter and counter attacking when the flag gets rushed......oh forget it....you just want to complain..its ok in another 6 months and a release or 2 Im sure we will have other maps and issues to question and complain about, and also some good stuff to enjoy.....

Comment

Come one are you serious? "what tactics?" ugh...example: moving in 2 squads of 3-4 people in triangular paterns to cap flags and flank any contacts, defending flags with 1 or 2 squads setting up a perimeter and counter attacking when the flag gets rushed......oh forget it....you just want to complain..its ok in another 6 months and a release or 2 Im sure we will have other maps and issues to question and complain about, and also some good stuff to enjoy.....
                        What server are you playing on? no one moves in a Triangular Paterns and there is no team work at all

Comment

What server are you playing on? no one moves in a Triangular Paterns and there is no team work at all
                          I ussually play with 3 to 8 of my friends over teamspeak and we all try and stick together no matter what server. I know thats the exception not the rule, but really even if the map does not appeal to you just have fun kill people and do stupid unpredicatable stuff, you may find that more entertaining than finishing in the medal count, even though it seems we are there allot?

Comment

I ussually play with 3 to 8 of my friends over teamspeak and we all try and stick together no matter what server. I know thats the exception not the rule, but really even if the map does not appeal to you just have fun kill people and do stupid unpredicatable stuff, you may find that more entertaining than finishing in the medal count, even though it seems we are there allot?
                            Oh, that why then.
                            Yes, if you and your friends are doing go squad tactices, that's a good thing.
                            hey, also can I have the TS ip to your TS, because almost no one in my clan has it.

Comment

Oh, that why then.
                              Yes, if you and your friends are doing go squad tactices, that's a good thing.
                              hey, also can I have the TS ip to your TS, because almost no one in my clan has it.
                              We use some stand alone TS Servers, I will send a PM when I get a chance, at work now....

Comment

Working...
                              X