"S.E.A.L Team SIX,Assault at Hungsang-Ni"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "S.E.A.L Team SIX,Assault at Hungsang-Ni"

Got started on this project tonight. Trying to take some of the feedback I've gotten and put it to use...
    Here is the Intro segment I just rendered out, less than 2mins at under 30mb.

I have a Question for the experts here. The next segment of Team 6 would really come out better if I could make the Carrier look like its moving. I have taken some clips of waterfall spray and tried to mask, then rotate, then overlay to give a "bow spray effect" on the carrier.... it should be simple, but I'm doing something wrong. Any Vegas Gods know a better way?:cry:
    P.S. I'm way noob with Vegas

Re: "S.E.A.L Team SIX,Assault at Hungsang-Ni"

I like it. A few of us at C22 were messing around with Frapsing GE too, lol. To clean it up you could use the pan/crop tool to get rid of the GE info at the bottom. If you want to that is.

Comment

Wow, that was awesome. I really enjoy all of your films, and yes I have watched all that you've posted, and this one is by far my favorite. I can't wait till its done! Major props to you!

Comment

Intro looks good.

One suggestion would be to zoom far out or the Dalian Map, point the camera down, and move it down at the fast paste (sprint equivilent in bf2 recorder), then fade/synch that footage with the google earth camera movement. The final scene would look like one one smooth motion. If the google earth colors dont match the Dalian Allied Intent colors, try using the contrast adjust tool.

Yout intro is awesome, dont ruin it by having a budget movie/plot. Take your time.

Great work

Comment

rgr that bro... did that shot, way high and fast. I just didnt work for me. I'll try a few more angles and see what it looks like.

After sleeping on this, I can see alot of things in the intro that dont work for me... I'll keep it about the same, but I'll re-shoot and add some stuff to replace what I dont like.

Thanks for you input and comments bro

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC~VVV~
            After sleeping on this, I can see alot of things in the intro that dont work for me... I'll keep it about the same, but I'll re-shoot and add some stuff to replace what I dont like.
            This is really beneficial when you wait a couple days then view it all over to see what really does seem out of place. I do this all the time as well as show it to a few select people who give me feedback on what to change before I release the final version. Ill try to throw out some thoughts that you might adapt or might even spark an idea of your own.

So far, i can see its a big improvement since the wake film. The music now has that connection to the video, which is a big plus.

Now the point of the movie is to show almost like a battle in bf2, correct? Well im not sure what you are planning to do with the overhead map shown in the beginning.. but it might be neat to show the progress of the US forces every so often in the movie with the same type of picture format.. This will no doubt let viewers understand exactly what is going on, and where (Perhaps test with some animations on zooming into parts of the map, to show the exact location of something happening. Almost simmilar to the bf2 intro when they zoom in to the refinery, but in your case you possibly could be zooming out and in with multiple scenes and locations.)

When you get to the point where you do have to try to follow helicopters, always remember that you can slow down the clip and fast forward it later on.. this helps with keeping almost the same speed as the heli.
            The intro is alot better, just remember to take your time on it and dont focus on one thing.. always look at the possibilities. I tend to record x3 more footage than i need, just for that editing edge in choosing what fits and what doesnt.

With your question about the moving boat with visual effects.. I am sure it is possible, but that gets into StRuPiE and Little_Donkey's field.. I am not too big on visual effects. Try experimenting visual tricks, such as a moving camera close to sea level to make the boat seem like its moving. You never know what you can come up with.. however if you cant come up with anything, i dont see it being too critical to put into your movie (Since allied intent cant really have moving boats)

Hopefully all this will help you

Comment

Thx bro, rgr that map idea. Was my plan to place linked waypoint lines on the map that change color when reached, then zoom down into each base as its taken off the map
              I think I have the motion idea licked... its gonna be awesome if I can time it right.
              took the day off and will work on it tonight.

Thanks to all for the comments and advice

Comment

THAT looks SWEET!

Comment

THAT IS THE BEST BF2 VIDEO I HAVE SEEN. I WAS RLLY BUMBED WHEN I RELIZED IT WAS OVER!!btw what program are you using?i know its vegas but wats the full name

Comment

Thx bro, dont worry it's not over -thats just the credit roll, it hasnt started yet-

As for programs used, this is how I do them.

get BattleLauncher 1.2beta for BF2 1.3.... its free
                    Sony Vegas 6.0d... download a 30day trial
                    Fraps...also free, but only for 30sec clips....

I run maps from BF2, AImod and POEmod with Battlelauncher to make all my demos.
                    I film them with Fraps as I make cam tracks, then drop the raw FRAPs into Vegas. I use Vegas for editing and adding sound..
                    Then I raw render them into Xvid from Vegas ..then drop that Xvid into Windows movie maker for the titles and final compression

total time to do that intro, about 4-5hrs. From sit down at comp with idea, to posting.

Its not how alot of folks do it, but I kinda self taught myself and it works for me.

Comment

really like the intro..

Comment

thanks for those tips ill be working on some videos even tho i will never be able to 1 like this i just do it for fun

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC~VVV~
                          I have a Question for the experts here. The next segment of Team 6 would really come out better if I could make the Carrier look like its moving. I have taken some clips of waterfall spray and tried to mask, then rotate, then overlay to give a "bow spray effect" on the carrier.... it should be simple, but I'm doing something wrong. Any Vegas Gods know a better way?:cry:
                          P.S. I'm way noob with Vegas
                          Hi Maniac,

If you want to use vegas for visual effects? Don't! Vegas is editing software, and it's designed to do that in a user friendly way which is good. If you want to create visual effects however, vegas is very limited although it's fairly easy but it looks, in my opinion, cheap.

The effects in Vegas are for amateur wedding filmmakers sort to speak .
                          So if you want to create moving boats with water effects and particles, you have to use a compositing program: After Effects, digital fusion, shake, combustion,...and combined with a 3d package it's the perfect combination.
                          they are all equally good and have their own strong points but it's not as easy as vegas. Sure, vegas and premiere can do audio and a minimal of visual effects and text, but those are definitely not their strong points. So my advice is, depending on the project and the visual style you want to create, use vegas only for editing (fades, zooms, etc...), use compositing programs for visuals. There are many tutorials out there that help you getting started.

So good luck with your movie, I'm looking forward to it.

Greets.

Comment

your work speaks for itself bro... jaw dropping kickass

Thanks for the advice and tips, I'll be looking into those programs. I have my feet wet, might as well jump in

would AfterAffects and Maya be good choices to start with for a noob?

Comment

^Little_monkey is right ! Sony Vegas is a editing program (im n00b too ) and Im learning Discreet Combustion and Adobe After Effect. Very good softwares for special effects (smokes, fire, particles)

I using Maya for modelling, pretty sweet software, very known in the field of cinema. If you want to model for games, I suggest 3ds MAX, simplier, more efficient. I would also recommand you to take a look over here : www.3dbuzz.com. Great website for beginners, and free video lessons for all kind of software (just click Video Traning at the top menu)

But now I understand NOTHIGN :laugh: it is just too hard ! BUt I think I could do it with practice.

Awesome vid, keep it up mate

btw, i have question : In Vegas you Rendered as... what ? AVI. MPG-2 ... ? Then did you use VirtualDub ? If yes, in which Codec did you compressed in ?

Comment

Working...
                              X