Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem

i have a problem and hope this is the right place to put it. if it is not i'm sorry. i've had special forces for a while but never really played. i thought i'd give it a go last night to have a change of pace. everything was fine for the first couple hours then i started getting really bad lag and the screen black out for a second and then back to normal. the computer was running fine and the temps were the same they've always been so i ruled out overheating. i decided to turn it off for the night. i tried to play again today and the same thing. happened on any map regardless of ping. i decided to play a round of karkand in vanilla to see if it was specific to special forces. i was getting crazy lag. when i checked my fps it was at 15fps and not moving. usually it fluctuates from anywhere from 60-80fps on my set up. i quit bf2 and then started up again and samething. i restarted system and now it works fine. unless i'm imagining it i thought i read a thread once where someone mentioned a 15fps bug in sf. i searched for it and looked under the bug section and couldn't find anything. anyone else have this problem? is there a way to avoid it in the future? is this a known problem that i've never noticed since i don't usually play sf?

Re: Problem

Try this link:
    http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76649

or this one:

http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showt...ighlight=15FPS

Search on the entire forums with 15FPS and there are a bunch of links. I just pulled the obvious ones.

Comment

thanks. i searched 15 fps but nothing pulled up. i hate the search on this site. thanks again.

Comment

cant help you there

Comment

i was hoping that the above links suggested would help. unfortunetly they didn't. most of the problems on those post seemed to stem from hardware changes mostly monitors. in my case i have not changed any hardware,drivers, etc. also i didn't see anything about the screen going black for a second every minute or so in sf when the fps dropped. some poeple did mention this is a bug but no definite fixes where given. i've played vanilla almost everyday since i got the game in march and never had any issue even close to this until i played sf. i know this is not a hardware issue. i just want to play sf and would like to figure out what to do to stop this from happening. oh well. any suggestions or help is appreciated. maybe there's nothing that can be done. thanks

Comment

Working...
          X