I cant play BF2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I cant play BF2

I started having this problem today, so i decided to update from v1.0 to v1.3. When i try to log on to BF2 using my desktop shortcut "Play BF2 Online Now!" it plays the EA/Dice/Intro movies but when I try to log on, it gets stuck and I have to Ctrl-Alt-Del it to get out. I also tried taking out the disk and putting it back in and this is what happened:

The "Play Online Now!" and "Start BF2" buttons are un-clickable.
    Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

Re: I cant play BF2

Re-Install?

Comment

if I reinstall do i have to download v1.3 again?

Comment

Originally posted by Phingers
        if I reinstall do i have to download v1.3 again?
        yes.

Yo should always keep a copy of the latest patch.

Comment

awww... oh well ill start reinstalling now:cry:

Comment

Do not use the automatic shortcut. Create a new one or use the utility when you first insert your BF2 cd to start the game.

Comment

well that sux =(

Comment

ok i just re-installed and it seemed to be working fine but I quit for a seccond and its doing the exact same thing it was doing in the first place:

and more ideas?

Comment

Hmm... Thats weird since it worked. Did you get to play inside a server before it happend ? Also, update directly to v1.3 .

Comment

Originally posted by TheDeltaStorm
                    Hmm... Thats weird since it worked. Did you get to play inside a server before it happend ? Also, update directly to v1.3 .
                    I was playing singleplayer, just to check out the updates (I like the new car drop feature) then i pressed Escape and found a server I liked and tried to join. It froze up and I ctrl-alt-deleted BF2, thats when it happened again. I just updated to v1.3.

Comment

When does it freeze ? When you click "Log In" to your account or when you are loading the server ?

Comment

Originally posted by TheDeltaStorm
                        When does it freeze ? When you click "Log In" to your account or when you are loading the server ?
                        I sign in and it stops at "Connecting to Account Server" but the little "2" is still spinning and everything. Windows Tank Manager says its not responding when that happenes.

<EDIT> also, the background freezes I dont remember if that happenes all the time...

Comment

Okay, well when you go to your account click on "CREATE NEW ACCOUNT" and make a new account. It should let you pass through. This happens to me also with the POE2 MODIFICATION. Simply create a new account on Battlefield 2. I think this problem is caused by the v1.3 patch.

Comment

Ok ill try that, and thanks if it works

Comment

Just reply if it does or doesnt work. It should work though It might not work on the first try. Go back in and sign back on the account you created.

Comment

Working...
                              X