Special Forces problems please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special Forces problems please help

hello there, i bought sf ages ago and it worked then, however i uninstalled it to put another game on and recently saw it on the shelf and decided to give it another go. however, after installation, when i started up the game, it came up with this message

" mods/bf2/lightning.fx not found!!!_DO_check your working directory_AND_sync your shaders folder before calling upon your local programmer /GP. (really!)

to behonest i am not much of a whiz on the old pc but i get by well enough. any ideas out there other than mail it back to ea in a flaming bag full of poo?

Re: Special Forces problems please help

I have exactly the same problem as you. My brother uninstalled bf2 'cause he was tryin to free up some hard drive space. I couldn't be bothered to reinstall special forces 'cause thats all I used to play on and I thought I'd try out vanilla.
    The other day I decided to play SF again and I get exactly the same message. I found the shaders zip file and extracted it to the shaders folder, but when I join a game I get the 'modified content' message. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

I had a similar problem with SF and BF2. What worked for me was that I had to install
      1. Uninstall Battlefield 2: Special Forces (if applicable), and the Battlefield 2 base game using the uninstall program, Add/Remove Programs, or manual uninstall for Battlefield 2 and Battlefield 2 Special Forces (if applicable).
      Install Battlefield 2.
      Install Battlefield 2: Special Forces (if applicable).
      Install the latest patch.
      Install Battlefield 2: Euro Forces.
      6 . Install Armoured Fury

Like you I am not a progamming whiz, but this worked for me and I got this direct from the EA UK Support website.

Hope this helps !

Comment

i'll give it a go tomorrow and let you know if it works, cheers.

Comment

All you have to do is repatch do 1.3. YOu don't have to uninstall/reinstall anything

Just download the BF2 1.3 FULL patch again, start it and when it's done patching you'll be able to play.

Comment

Originally posted by m0ttz
            All you have to do is repatch do 1.3. YOu don't have to uninstall/reinstall anything

Just download the BF2 1.3 FULL patch again, start it and when it's done patching you'll be able to play.

and it works, thanks mate, shame my pc cant run it, now i rember why i uninstalled it... thanks loads though

Comment

Working...
            X