No announcement yet.

POE2 and a crazy system crash. Related?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POE2 and a crazy system crash. Related?

Last night I played POE2 for the first time and was pretty impressed with what I saw.

I logged into the Sunrise map for a while and decided that I wanted something more infantry based.

I remembered reading some great things about "Fallen" so I looked for a fallen server and found one with like 33/50 people. PERFECT.

I disconnect from the first server, double-click to join the Fallen server and the map loads fine. As soon as it goes into the "Verifying client data" I get huge static in my ears and my screen flashed black then dark blue (like the BSOD blue), then black again. It stayed like that for a few seconds until I hit the reset button on my computer. I rebooted fine but was a little freaked out by the situation and called it quits for the night.

Has anybody had a crash like this before (ever?)?

I've never had anything like this with Vanilla BF2 or any other mod/expansion pack/booster... is it a POE issue?

Thanks for any comments.

Re: POE2 and a crazy system crash. Related?

I dont see how poe could do that since it's new models/skins/etc.
    There was a punkbuster issue a month ago that did something similar to many people.

Comment

should I manually force a PB update just in case? If so, how do I do that?

What about the issue with Medium Terrain on that other map? Is that "AT LEAST" medium (would high be OK?)

I'll try again tonight. My system could easily be the issue... it's just interesting that this happened the first time I fired up POE2.

The mod is awesome. a great total conversion. Makes me even more excited about FH2.

Comment

Originally posted by Consultant01
        As soon as it goes into the "Verifying client data" I get huge static in my ears and my screen flashed black then dark blue (like the BSOD blue), then black again. It stayed like that for a few seconds until I hit the reset button on my computer. I rebooted fine but was a little freaked out by the situation and called it quits for the night.

Has anybody had a crash like this before (ever?)?
        I had the same problem with vBF2 (NOT with PoE2) . Except I didn't get the blue (BSOD style) and I didn't reboot fine. When rebooting the BIOS would either change the ram speed from 400mhz to 233mhz and still detect my full 1 GB, or just detect 512mb at 400mhz.

It turned out to be a defective RAM stick. Could be the same thing. Run memtest.

With regard to your PB question check out this link

Comment

awe man......

the last thing I need is a freakin hardware issue.

Slowly but surely Im moving closer and closer to needing a whole new system...that that's pissing me off.

Comment

Working...
          X