Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone gonna sue EA/DICE for making a non-working game?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone gonna sue EA/DICE for making a non-working game?

I bought this game like 3 months ago unaware of it's fatal problems (e.g. CTD and connection loss). If you play in servers that rotate all maps, you know what I'm talking about. The game is simply unplayable.

Patch 1.4 does not claim to fix any of these problems. This is not right and I want compensation.

note: if you're a smart *** or an insurance company lobbiest who thinks there is too much litigation, I don't wanna hear your opinion here.

Re: Anyone gonna sue EA/DICE for making a non-working game?

Lol you know when you install bf2 and theres that thing called a license agreement?

You might want to read that before making a thread talking aobut suing EA. I'd pay particular attention to the section that says:-

'this software is supplied 'as is'

Comment

Hrm wouldnt suprise me if you get your a$$ flamed bigtime on this subject, everyone else whos brought this up have.

However you agreed to the EULA so basically your a$$ is pwned. Only people who have a case (in the UK) are server rentals as its a service. According to consumer law if theres a problem with a service the supplier should offer and alternative solution OR fix the problem within 12 weeks otherwise they are liable for refunds/compensation. That only applies to GSP's though .. not sure if it will help complaining to EA.

Comment

Easy answer, NO!

Comment

Originally posted by msafi
          The game is simply unplayable.
          The game isn't unplayable for me. I don't remember the last time I had a CTD in BF2 or in any other game. I've experienced "There's a problem with your connection" but that doesn't happend that often either and that can be 'fixed' by finding another server without the need to restart the game.

I don't think that you have ANY chances of winning your "case" since if 1.3 is causing your problems, then you could stay with 1.2 (or 1.0) and still play the game without those problems that are 1.3 "exclusive". You would also have a hard time of proving that your game is "simply unplayable" because of 1.3 since, for example, my game isn't unplayable with 1.3.

That is if you're.. serious and not just some naive anti-EA internet martyr...:laugh:

Comment

Big Sammy B, True: I didn't know commercial products that are supplied by big corps such as EA can be supplied 'as is'. Car manufacturers should do that, too. It's pretty convenient.

Keith Maniac, may be you play city maps only or servers that rotate a few number of maps. I like to play all the maps. All the servers I know that rotate all the maps crash constantly.

Comment

You cant sue them and if you did you woul d probably lose because of the EULA.

Comment

Working...
              X